I feel like we should have a christmas album on UG. I search-barred and found nothing, but I find it hard to believe that it hasn't been done before

As with all other UG albums, there will be a few rules.

FAQ

Q. When's the deadline?

A. I'm putting it as the 20th of December with a release on Christmas day.

Q. What kind of music can I submit?

A. A cover of a christmas song. You may submit an original, but it must be christmas themed. Be it a popular song or your take on a carol. If you want to do a death metal version of 'away in a manger'. Do it.

Q. What kind of a file should I submit, and where?

A. I shall require a 320 kbps MP3 file. As for where, you can either post your submission in this thread [host it on MediaFire or SoundCloud or DropBox or something], or you can send me a PM with a link.

Q. Will you be submitting?

A. yes I will

I need somebody good at converting files to help me out as well, so if you're into that sort of thing, help me out.

If my recording equipment didn't suck, I would.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
i've never done anything of this sort before, but can I express tentative interest?
Might get in on this, would give me a good excuse to use the studio at uni lol
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
I kinda want to do this, I should learn a song or two to get my chops back up when I get home. However, I may back out if I learn that I'll only have like 10 days to learn/record the piece :/
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by DeepFryer7
i've never done anything of this sort before, but can I express tentative interest?

yes

Quote by Dreadnought
I kinda want to do this, I should learn a song or two to get my chops back up when I get home. However, I may back out if I learn that I'll only have like 10 days to learn/record the piece :/

It's a bit awkward, but I'd love to get it finished before Christmas. If enough interest gets expressed, then I can extend the deadline. It's not like, really strict. If you need more time then that's coo'.
I do need to try out the recording gear me and my band have set up at our rehearsal space, so I might be interested. Honestly though, I can't guarantee anything yet!
Tell me who's that writin'...
I have doomy rendition of jingle bells on my profile. It's pretty crap in the quality department, as I did it mostly for lulz, but if you want to use it, I won't stop you.

I probably can't submit anything new though, as finals are coming up and I need to buckle down.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....