I've noticed that delay is extraordinarily common in modern worship music. What do you guys think? Do you use delay?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Naw, i use it. It adds a good atmospheric sound that's just really pleasant sounding if used properly. It gives that floating, angelic sound that works well in worship music.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I use the delay all the time in just about everything.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Whenever I play in my church band I use delay for all my leads, however I use chorus along with it so that it sounds sharper, maybe just to jump out of the mix a little more. I'm using a Line 6 Floor POD for my effects and those just made sense together.
Quote by jjbarnes
I've noticed that delay is extraordinarily common in modern worship music. What do you guys think? Do you use delay?

Mostly use acoustics these days, but i despise the U2 thing in Worship, the U2 sound has become the new "thing" to do in Christian Music...kind of like how in the 90s all Christian metal sounded like 80s hair metal lol.

I was very unconventional in my PNW playing, i rarely used delay unless it was on a solo, and parts that were mildly overdriven were kinda heavy overdriven and my leaders loved the way i handled those parts...unfortunately i lost my hearing in my right ear so acoustic sounds are easier for me these days.

At first they would insist on me using delay for that bouncy effect that the original artist was doing but eventually i got tired and said i must follow the chord changes etc etc, but i wont copy the guitar parts 100%...which means i aint playing the Edge roll up there, but they would throw a fit if i couldnt make it a week or two so apparently i was doing something right.
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Dec 19, 2011,