Hey, UG!

I founded some basses used around the internet and i'd like to get some feedback on them.

Basically, i want to know and compare between precision basses, and get some info, so i can decide which can be better for me.

i´ve found a '93 squier precision, a Fender mb4 (fender japan made, not a squier, with sunburst finish and PJ configuration) and, i want to know if they're betterthan a intage modified or a classic vibe brand new squier P bass.

the seller tells that '93 made squiers are better than the actual ones, but i don't know if that is true, and why is that it is better (construction, pickups, maybe the wood) And the fender is also a '90s model, but it says fender on the headstock (which won't make it better), it has alder body, PJ config... but it is still he same price as the other regular squier p bass, or a new CV squier...

I just want to know if those old basses are a safe bet or not, basically.

anyway, any feedback is appreciated, and thanks in advancee
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
The Japanese built Squiers can be indeed very good quality, and a '93 would have been from that ere. There is in fact a very prollific UK session musician who has been recorded with his Japanese Squiers (bot Jazz and Precision) on many adverts and shows.

But the other is a Japanese Fender, which probably means it came from the same factory.

TBH, I would try to play both of them, but they should be both very good instruments.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by Killerfridge
The Japanese built Squiers can be indeed very good quality, and a '93 would have been from that ere.

While its true there were still Japanese Squiers being made during that year, it could also be Korean or even Chinese. The best way to tell that would be from the serial number. If it is Japanese, then it should be a pretty good instrument. Korean, generally not quite as good QC as you get with MIJ instruments, but still pretty good. If its Chinese/Indonesian/etc. I probably wouldn't bother with it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
While its true there were still Japanese Squiers being made during that year, it could also be Korean or even Chinese. The best way to tell that would be from the serial number. If it is Japanese, then it should be a pretty good instrument. Korean, generally not quite as good QC as you get with MIJ instruments, but still pretty good. If its Chinese/Indonesian/etc. I probably wouldn't bother with it.

Yes. This.

/Thread.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
the squier is japanese, also the fender is...both are the same price, but i don't think i could try them without commit to buy... the squier seller says it has fender pickups, and dimarzio pots... but i've never heard anything about the fender mb4. i lean towards the squeir since it has the classic looks that i like the most. anyway, i'm going to ask the seller the serial number just to be sure it's japanese.

Thanks very much for the replies!!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2