Page 1 of 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0SPio6RE-s

On Nov 30th, 2.5 million public sector workers in the UK will strike for 24 hrs against the government's austerity, students will occupy universities in protest against the privatisation of their education, hospital workers will protest against the thousands of highly skilled professionals being laid off at a time when waiting lists are growing and growing, and millions of people not in trade unions will wish they were.

If you think something's wrong with this goddamn world of ours, support the strike.
Nah, it's my day off.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Why am I striking on Nov. 30th? Because my library books are due and I need them until Dec. 2nd. That's why.
MATTERHORN
My mum's radiotherapy would be done before Christmas, but because of this strike, she has to wait til after Christmas.

Plenty of people who are in the public sector are against it, so fuck off tbh
Quote by Kumanji
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0SPio6RE-s

On Nov 30th, 2.5 million public sector workers in the UK will strike for 24 hrs against the government's austerity, students will occupy universities in protest against the privatisation of their education, hospital workers will protest against the thousands of highly skilled professionals being laid off at a time when waiting lists are growing and growing, and millions of people not in trade unions will wish they were,

and nobody will give a flying shit because they'll be too busy accomplishing something
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
You have my moral support.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
What I still haven't heard, from all these people striking, is what they actually want the government to do.
The current system has clearly gone to shit. Apparently the new system is just as shit.
What do you want them to do, and how? How would you do it?
I have no doubt someone somewhere has a half decent answer, but most of these people are just ****wits with nothing better to do than waste more money.
I think the strike is misguided. You all are essentially pissed that your government decided to get your country's shit in order...

And don't me the selfish, BUT IT HURTS ME bullshit.
When will you people learn that striking does exactly less than jack shit?

Oh, other than fucking up everybody else's day, of course.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I'll be there with you in spirit, unless you'll buy me a plane ticket.

Also, im upset about the fact that more people care about their favorite reality shows as opposed to major socio-economic issues. Ugh, this world man.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by BeefWellington

If I had a few years, I'd compile volumes upon volumes of instances where strikes have had huge material effects.

Why do you think Francis Maude and the other ConDem cronies are so desperate to avoid it? If they thought it wouldn't do anything, surely they'd simply let it go ahead without trying all possible avenues to avert it?
Quote by BeefWellington

No, it's the idiots who refuse to strike that causes stuff like this to achieve nothing. The ****ing apathy in this country is pathetic , 'lol i can't go on strike man, boss will kill me'.

As Jim Morrison said, 'you're all a bunch of ****ing slaves!'.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
What I still haven't heard, from all these people striking, is what they actually want the government to do.
The current system has clearly gone to shit. Apparently the new system is just as shit.
I have no doubt someone somewhere has a half decent answer, but most of these people are just ****wits with nothing better to do than waste more money.

oh, I dunno, maybe give them the pension they signed up for and paid into?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

It looks like the Occupy Afghanistan movement is going well
Quote by SkepsisMetal

What a buncha chuckleheads.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Zoot Allures
No, it's the idiots who refuse to strike that causes stuff like this to achieve nothing. The ****ing apathy in this country is pathetic , 'lol i can't go on strike man, boss will kill me'.

As Jon Scott said: "you are a fucking sensationalist moron!"
Quote by Lemoninfluence
oh, I dunno, maybe give them the pension they signed up for and paid into?

But isn't that what pushed them into the corner they're in now? Giving people the opportunity to sign into things the government didn't realise (or chose to ignore the fact that) they couldn't afford, and now they've ****ed themselves into a hole there's only really one way out of. We're nearly going the same way as Greece, just everyone's striking instead of emigrating.

/possible ignorance of the situation, I payed more attention to the Eurozone problems than the UK ones.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

So our entire education system, healthcare workers, local government workers, civil servants, railway workers, etc. are all just wastes of money?

Also, this is relevant:

Quote by SkepsisMetal
But isn't that what pushed them into the corner they're in now? Giving people the opportunity to sign into things the government didn't realise (or chose to ignore the fact that) they couldn't afford, and now they've ****ed themselves into a hole there's only really one way out of. We're nearly going the same way as Greece, just everyone's striking instead of emigrating.

/possible ignorance of the situation, I payed more attention to the Eurozone problems than the UK ones.

So we should all bend over and take austerity in the arse because the financial aristocracy lied to us for 30 years, and now refuses to take the smallest tax cut?

And sure, let's just immigrate to that place where pensions are humane and decent, where austerity doesn't exist and workers get paid a decent wage.

Oh wait.

Moron.
Last edited by Kumanji at Nov 28, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures

1) Calm down. 2) Striking usually just causes friction between workers and employers. It rarely fixes things these days. 3) Calling people idiots doesn't lend support to your argument...

Edit:
Quote by ErikLensherr
What a buncha chuckleheads.

You mouth off a lot for an '11er...
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 28, 2011,
Try not to get evicted from the Richard Roberts Building like last time lulz. And don't make a mess in Firth Court, I have to go there on Thursday afternoon, I'm talking to you specifically Kumanji.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
He's a good speaker that one.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Ed Hunter
Try not to get evicted from the Richard Roberts Building like last time lulz. And don't make a mess in Firth Court, I have to go there on Thursday afternoon, I'm talking to you specifically Kumanji.

We have much bigger things planned, pal. And we don't want to cause you the slightest disruption; in fact, we kept all of our occupations open to all lectures as normal. As our Publicity Bureau put it in their posters, 'We Don't Want To Disrupt Your Education, We're Not The Government'.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
1) Calm down. 2) Striking usually just causes friction between workers and employers. It rarely fixes things these days. 3) Calling people idiots doesn't lend support to your argument...

Taking away people's pensions, their kids' educations, their access to healthcare and laying off millions of workers tends to cause tension between employers and workers.
I wish that I could get something started here.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Edit:

I'm not calling him an idiot as such, i'm saying it about the apathetic people who see striking as something silly.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
As Jon Scott said: "you are a fucking sensationalist moron!"

Which part of what i said is moronic? It's a fact that if people are apathetic towards strikes or in a lot of cases, totally against them, then the workers will be trampled more and more. That's obvious.

It's beneficial for the state to have the majority of people against strikes though, for the reasons above. We can look at what 'sensationalist' means, it means what i'm saying is an exaggeration of things in order to make it look worse than it is.

Well, what i said was that people refusing to strike and being against strike action is going to be the reason that 'nothing' gets done, as the person i was replying to suggested. So in reality, you calling me sensationalist is incorrect since what i said isn't exaggerating anything.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Nov 28, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Edit:

You mouth off a lot for an 09'er

Using join date just shows how little skill you have in an argument. To expand on my earlier point. Striking does nothing but to screw up people's days. People's days like my mother who's having life saving treatment. This forum has driven me further and further right, I swear.
Quote by Kumanji
We have much bigger things planned, pal. And we don't want to cause you the slightest disruption; in fact, we kept all of our occupations open to all lectures as normal. As our Publicity Bureau put it in their posters, 'We Don't Want To Disrupt Your Education, We're Not The Government'.

Taking away people's pensions, their kids' educations, their access to healthcare and laying off millions of workers to cause tension between employers and workers.

Oh do tell what these magnificent plans are. Surely not to go kerayzay and go and headbutt your way through a bank window or throw rotten vegetables at City Hall?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Kumanji
So our entire education system, healthcare workers, local government workers, civil servants, railway workers, etc. are all just wastes of money?

Most publicly paid workers in the US are way overpaid, have juicy bonus/benefits packages, etc. If the UK public workers are the same way, you all deserve to have a few pay cuts.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
You mouth off a lot for an 09'er

Using join date just shows how little skill you have in an argument. To expand on my earlier point. Striking does nothing but to screw up people's days. People's days like my mother who's having life saving treatment. This forum has driven me further and further right, I swear.

If someone who knows that they would otherwise be providing lifesaving treatment to people, but is still going on strike, doesn't that tell you something?
A BBC poll suggests that 61% of the British public believe public sector strike action is justified. In comparison, 59% of votes when to Tory or Lib Dems in 2010. Moreover, a 61% election victory in the UK would be considered an extraordinary landslide.

I'm 21 and have yet to join 'the real world'. I'm also not ace with the British budget. I'm not in a position of power to really judge the strike action (although expecting teachers to work until they are 68 is harsh). However, the British Government right now is rallying against the British public. When Cameron, Osbourne and even shit faced Gove rant against the strikers, it's worth remembering that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15910621
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Even if it is, the reluctance of the government to even negotiate is what's driven people to strike. People have planned their lives around this pension plan, to change it now would **** a lot of people over resulting in a lot of them living in poverty.

But nobody gives a **** about that, because they only care about number 1.

If a business makes a bad contract, they have to go through with it or attempt to negotiate their way out of it. The public sector has to deal with people not giving a shit about them and idealogical swings putting their jobs at risk.

We are in a bad way, but having thousands of people living in poverty isn't going to help.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Kumanji
If someone who knows that they would otherwise be providing lifesaving treatment to people, but is still going on strike, doesn't that tell you something?

Certain departments are striking just for the sake of it. One of her friends works at the hospital my mum has the treatment at, and she's a nurse and is anti striking and anti a WHOLE UNIT closing down (not just any unit either) in a pointless, trivial striker.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Most publicly paid workers in the US are way overpaid, have juicy bonus/benefits packages, etc. If the UK public workers are the same way, you all deserve to have a few pay cuts.

The UK actually value people like teachers much more than the United States do, and thank God. The US piss money away into the education system and then keep them underpaid for a stressful job. The attitude citizens of the United States can hold against teachers, for a range of reasons, is actually appalling at times.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Certain departments are striking just for the sake of it. One of her friends works at the hospital my mum has the treatment at, and she's a nurse and is anti striking and anti a WHOLE UNIT closing down (not just any unit either) in a pointless, trivial striker.

I don't think anyone looks forward to going on strike.

if you think they do you're ****ing delusional.

Quote by element4433