OK, so I have Windows 7 and am thinking of buying a Line6 POD Studio UX1 external soundcard to record some guitar. Problem is I only have USB headphones.

Will I be able to play guitar using UX1 -> Cubase and hear what I am playing while recording it with USB-headphones? Or are the USB-drivers for the headphones working as extra audio drivers?
You would only get latency free monitoring through the headphones if you plug the headphones directly into the UX1
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
You can get ASIO4ALL2 drivers and in Cubase set your input as the UX1 and your output as the USB headphones. You'll have to monitor through Cubase though, which shouldn't be a problem with a decent computer.
Let's party.
Quote by pigeonmafia
You would only get latency free monitoring through the headphones if you plug the headphones directly into the UX1

I'm using Guitar Rig 5 on the computer, so I'd have to go through to the computer anyway, wouldn't I? I might be wrong!

Thanks for the answer!
Quote by Odirunn
You can get ASIO4ALL2 drivers and in Cubase set your input as the UX1 and your output as the USB headphones. You'll have to monitor through Cubase though, which shouldn't be a problem with a decent computer.

OK, you sure that will work? Without too much latency?

I have a pretty good computer:
CPU: intel i5 2500k
RAM: 8gb 1600MHz
HDD: SSD
You should be fine. My latency with ASIO4ALL is something like 7.2ms and it hardly noticeable and doesn't affect any of my guitar/bass tracking. I use ASIO so I can use my USB mic as an input and my interface as my output.

I'm not sure if going to USB headphones as an output will increase latency at all, but if the way you're doing it now is working, I don't think you'll have any major problems.
Let's party.
Last edited by Odirunn at Nov 28, 2011,
Quote by Odirunn
You should be fine. My latency with ASIO4ALL is something like 7.2ms and it hardly noticeable and doesn't affect any of my guitar/bass tracking. I use ASIO so I can use my USB mic as an input and my interface as my output.

I'm not sure if going to USB headphones as an output will increase latency at all, but if the way you're doing it now is working, I don't think you'll have any major problems.

OK.

I'll try that then.. hope it works.