Roland is Quality stuff I would go with something a little bigger though other wise you'll want to upgrade right away.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
I absolutely hate the sound of a Roland Cube... I'm also a bassist, and my first guitar amp was a Marshall MG15FX, and it served really well! Cheap, and sounds better than most amps in that price range.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Roland is an extremely reliable brand, and the cubes are great practice amps, but as already said, consider the power at max volume before purchasing. I wish I had considered that when buying a 12 watt

Rolands are pretty good, in general, but specifically the Cube 15, Cube 15X and Cube 15XL are all shit, I had one for years.

Either jump up to the Cube 20 models, which are a huge improvement in more than just volume, or switch brands, comparable amps are the Fender Vibro Champ XD and the Orange Crush 15r (the "not-quite" modellers; amps the have multiple channels and voicings, but don't actually model a specific amp). Or you could go full one modeller with a Peavey Vypyr 15, Fender Mustang 1, Vox Valvetronix 20+, or a Line 6 Spider (which I don't recommend).
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Not the MG, ive played a few and they are better than a Crate GX 15 but that is not saying much. I think your best options are the Roland or a Peavey Vypyr 15. Both are great amps, the roland sounds slightly better imo but peavey will give you a much wider range of tonal options.
+1 on going up to a higher model cube than the 15... normally you have to go up to the 30/40 watt versions to get all teh amp models.

mgs aren't very good, avoid.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It depends on what you want. the Cube 20 is sweet but that vyper isn't bad either and will do you well. I would take the 20 though the effects are still a lot better.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
I think this is the first thread I've ever read where someone recommended an MG over a Cube (or anything else for that matter).

Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2