The plastic nut on my Epiphone Les Paul Standard came off when I was restringing it. I purchased a new Graphtech nut and installed it after a few trimming it down with sand paper for the right fit. Afterwards, I added the strings (usually use .9 but decided to go witha a heavier gauge to .10) and i'm getting some buzz when around the first five frets (happens everytime i play chords). What could be wrong? Do i need to raise or lower the action? or maybe get truss rod adjustment?
Thanks in advance
probably cut the nut too deep. action issues are more apparent on middle frets like maybe 6-12 (throwing numbers into the air as everyguitar is different).

action could help a little bit but

slip a tiny bit of paper in the nut slot, just so it lays there with the string above. see if it still buzzes, if it doesn't then, you cut the nut too deep.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Nov 28, 2011,
If the buzz is on open strings then the new nut has deeper slots and you took too much off. You can shim the nut by slipping strips of paper or plastic under it.

If the buzz happens when strings are pressed down then the neck straightened when the strings were off and you need to give it some time to get it’s natural bow back.
Quote by jpnyc
If the buzz is on open strings then the new nut has deeper slots and you took too much off. You can shim the nut by slipping strips of paper or plastic under it.

If the buzz happens when strings are pressed down then the neck straightened when the strings were off and you need to give it some time to get it’s natural bow back.

So i should continue playing regularly, to see if it gets its natural bow back?