so over the past few days i've ordered a few pedals from various UG-ers and a friend of mine as well...

here's 3/4 of what i've bought xD

(pics are clickable)

BOXES!!

opening the MXR Box

MXR 10-band EQ

this one cost me £65 inc P&P

quick review: just played it a few minutes ago and as i live in a converted old house turned to flats i couldn't really test it to it's full potential.

but i like it, it's got volume and gain controls on top of the 10 Hz level controls which gives full control of the sound.

positive points: sturdy, full control of sound, looks sexy
negatives: needs it's own power supply otherwise i'd just run it off my 9V DC brick

NEXT UP

Danelectro fish 'n' chips

this one was £35 inc P&P

i know what you say, not another EQ pedal, but yes, another EQ pedal. i've heard that having 2 EQ's means you can quickly adjust your sound.

now i originally thought this was for lazy people but then i thought about it and it was right so i got this pedal as well.

why 2 different pedals i hear you ask? well the answer's quite simple, i've heard excellent things about both pedals so thought instead of buying 2 of the same, why not get both and then i can compare them and because they ARE both great pedals, i'm totally happy with it.

but yeh review: 7 band EQ so gives more variation than a 6-band but not as much as a 10 band (go figure) it's quite light and made of plastic but i can tell it's sturdy as anything else, more sturdy than them plastic behringer pedals you can get, which they are quite surprisingly hardcore, but obviously this one's quality is a bit superior.

together with the 7 Hz EQ settings, it also has a volume control.

gives a nice sound and for me at least, doesn't give any hiss or feedback, which i appreciate.

positives: cheap and quality, sturdy, nice sound.
bad points: plastic, small, bit of a nasty colour <- but that's just me being picky xD

NEXT!

VOX V847

this one cost £40 inc P&P

quick review: looks quite cool, gives a better sound than my V845 used to, and quite a lot better than the crybaby GCB95 that i traded the V845 for. this is a great wah pedal and gives me the sound i'm after with no messing about or crackle

came with a cool little carry case that i'm never going to use but hey, it's there just in case.

the only negative i can find with it is that it needs a battery and doesn't take a 9V adapter.

round up:

positives: looks good, weighty, great sound, reliable
negatives: only runs on battery and not sure on battery life just yet.

and finally

a group shot xD

coming soon: digitech whammy IV so will NPD thread that soon. =D

that's all for now, enjoy
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Congrats on the new pedals :-) Please do a review on the MXR 10 band EQ! I am keen on one of these but have heard they are noisy so do let us know how it all goes.
Quote by ibanart300
Congrats on the new pedals :-) Please do a review on the MXR 10 band EQ! I am keen on one of these but have heard they are noisy so do let us know how it all goes.

will do tomorrow or later this week when it's not too late to turn my up to it's usual volume.
additional mention to:

'daverichards' for selling me the Danelectro fish 'n' chips

'deanodon' for selling me the Vox V847

'aszatkow' for selling me the MXR M108 10-band EQ
^ done =P
HNPD

But why the two EQs?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by NakedInTheRain
so he can uber-scoop his mids for maximum br00tz.
haha yeh... that...

anh it's because i play such a varied style of music, can play some john mayer followed by some nirvana i really cba going back and forth to my amp to either switch the controls around or select a different preset and so i can quickly change some EQ settings with my feet, also when it comes to songs which have a different setting for the solo or a bridge bit then i can quickly change settings for that too

but if i were being completely honest, it's because i'm lazy and have more money than sense xD
Quote by Dempsey68
haha yeh... that...

anh it's because i play such a varied style of music, can play some john mayer followed by some nirvana i really cba going back and forth to my amp to either switch the controls around or select a different preset and so i can quickly change some EQ settings with my feet, also when it comes to songs which have a different setting for the solo or a bridge bit then i can quickly change settings for that too

but if i were being completely honest, it's because i'm lazy and have more money than sense xD

Fair enough, wasn't criticising, just curious enjoy!
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Fair enough, wasn't criticising, just curious enjoy!

s'cool

and i shall :P
Quote by ibanart300
Please do a review on the MXR 10 band EQ! I am keen on one of these but have heard they are noisy so do let us know how it all goes.

here's a better review as i'm off work ill today so have just been messing about with it for 45 minutes or so.

using the UG basic review template, here's my review:

Price paid: £60 (+£5 P&P)

Ease of Use: at first, you're like "whoa..." as it takes some getting used to and messing about with to find the sound you're after but once you've got that down it's pretty easy to use. // 8

Sound: contrary to what you've heard people say about it being "noisy" ibanart300 in my findings, it's not noisy in the slightest unless you max everything, but then there's just no point to it. i was playing my Yamaha SG700S into the V847 then to the MXR M108 then the danelectro fish 'n' chips then digitech screamin' blues then EHX small clone and then into my amp Vox VT50 on the boutique clean setting with 1.3 gain, full 'volume' treble at 2 o'clock middle at 1 o'clock bass at 11 o'clock reverb at 11 o'clock and master volume at 11 o'clock and it didn't give me ANY unwanted noise, hell if you pay so much for a pedal, you don't want it making everything fuzzy, and it doesn't. it works very well and gives me the sound i'm after, after about 4-5 minutes of fiddling about... // 9

Reliability & Durability: built like a tank, could probably withstand being run over by one as well. // 10

Impression: overall a very good pedal, despite the difficulties at first with messing about and changing all the 12 different sliders looking for the sound you want, once it's programmed in then you're laughing, there's not much that can go wrong at all.
the only thing i don't like is you need to use the 18V DC adapter it comes with, i couldn't plug it into my DC 9V power brick, which means i have one more cable than i'd like trailing around... // 9