I will be leaving for college in a few months and I'm not sure what I should do with my guitar gear. I have a line 6 spider valve HD100 head and a b-52 cab.
I don't want to bring the cab with me but I'd love to bring the head with me but unfortunately, it doesn't have a headphone jack. Is there a way I could plug my head into my computer?
thanks in advance
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
buy a pod, pod farm 2 uses the same modelling as your head iirc.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
you cant operate a valve head without a cab. it needs a sufficient load.
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Quote by death-to-punk
Is there a way I could plug my head into my computer?

No
Quote by Tom 1.0
buy a pod, pod farm 2 uses the same modelling as your head iirc.

Yes

Quote by ibanez_keag
you cant operate a valve head without a cab. it needs a sufficient load.

Kind of.

You are right - you need a load.

But

You could use something like this:

https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/hpa50.htm

Now this is only for 50w and I don't see one for 100w but you could contact them. Hopefully, someone like Roc8995 will see this thread and help me out here but you might be able to pull two power tubes on the HD and use this 50w tap.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 28, 2011,
are you in an apartment or a dorm? space and proximity to neighbors might be a factor in what gear you can take with you.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
nothing good will come from bringing a 100 watt head and no cab to college.

get a used pod for cheap.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm pretty sure you could run a 100 watt head super low on the volume dial into a 50 watt dummy load without problems.

The issue with stunts like this in a college dorm is, your idiot drunk roommate is going to switch you're head on and be a rockstar.

Sell your cab, buy another one in college. Or just get another one. Or just buy a college amp.
Get a zoom g3.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Yeah I've been looking into buying a pod, I just didn't want to have to buy more gear. But thanks guys!
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk