Ok, so I don't know whether to put this in bandleading or bands and artists, and I wasn't sure how to search, or really if I was using the search function correctly. so I'm sorry if this is out of place, but I wanted to know if this is like a new idea, or like an old idea.

Ok, so my friends and I are trying to find every local musician we can to get together in a "club" (They have to be good of course). The headquarters is going to be my apartment where I have lots of recording equipment and stuff (and don't worry, it's all on lockdown). And then we want to make a list of all the musicians and their phone #s/facebooks, whatever, and then you have to pick at least 2 musicians to collaborate with for a song or 2. And then at like the end of next summer (hopefully), we get a show where we all have these different collaborations with members of a large collective, and just call it whatever name we come up with for the club.

Is this a good idea? has it been done? I don't really know... But I think it'd be really good cause it would force local musicians to form bands and grow musically in a way they wouldn't normally. Is that a valid argument? Cause I think that would be healthy for any community, and people should be doing that everywhere.
Quote by mjones1992
Ok, so I don't know whether to put this in bandleading or bands and artists, and I wasn't sure how to search, or really if I was using the search function correctly. so I'm sorry if this is out of place, but I wanted to know if this is like a new idea, or like an old idea.
Next time, stick this crap in the end of the post.

Quote by Saint78
This thread needs more drunken sheep sex.
Also this
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Nov 28, 2011,
I think its a good idea. Pick a song that can relate simular in all of the genres or a band that everyone likes. Doing covertunes would be so much easier if you have a large group of musicians.
Make sure you have a copious supply of new amps, fog machines, and potted plants.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, tbh.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Nov 28, 2011,
Quote by jumpaside
I think its a good idea. Pick a song that can relate simular in all of the genres or a band that everyone likes. Doing covertunes would be so much easier if you have a large group of musicians.

Actually, we were thinking of setting up every ones equipment at the same time onstage and just having groups of 2-5 or so musicians (rough numbers of course) do either covers or originals, whatever they wanted for a song or two and then we introduce the next group. I was even thinking of writing names on wooden planks and then having someone hold up the appropriate plank at the front of the stage for a minute.
Quote by scimitar_255
This is pretty much what Broken Social Scene is :P
Quote by wizards?
Came in to say this.

I'll check it out.
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Make sure you have a copious supply of new amps, fog machines, and potted plants.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea, tbh.

Dear Lord....how many bands could all have fog machines....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHpocalypse.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
I like to imagine that's how Broken Social Scene started... it could be pretty cool. At the very least, it'd help musicians get into contact with each other, which would really help your local music scene. I say, go for it; it can't possibly hurt, and it could potentially do a lot of good.