Hello,
So I'm in a band, and last time I got an amp it was a Roland Cube 80XL - Amazing amp! I love it! But I need something much stronger now... I need something around 160-220W or something like that anyway... I'm a bit dumb with the Amp heads and cabinets combination thing.. I do kind of know how it works but I don't understand what to look at.

So I'm playing Metalcore mostly and that so I'm looking for something for modern metal.
I thought about Blackstar amps which would be my dream amp but they're out due to the fact I don't have the money... So I'm looking for something that would have a good modern metal sound, 160-220W ish... 200W most preferably!!! My budget would be anything below £1000. I know it's not the best budget, but I want something powerful, good enough sound (I'm not expecting it to be amazing for this price obviously but good.) and so it's not a classic rock amp.. you know ;D Oh my guitar is Ibanez RGA42(FM) for now btw... It don't matter as much, but I go for guitars Ibanez just in case..

Thanks on top for any suggestions of makes and hopefully models! Cheers =) x
You dont need 160-220 watts.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Tom is correct you don't
You'll be upgrading to a valve amp
They are perceived to be quite a bit louder then your solid state roland. A 30 watt valve amp would overpower it..
I do. I want it to last longer. I'm not going to put it on high volume yet! Bassist has a 200W amp already and Rhythm guitar has 120W but he'll get a louder one in some time... I need to right now as well... any suggestions..?? Please... ;P
get a 6505.

Its 120 watts. Your going shopping at 0022?

Then get a 2nd hand Orange 212. You will be loud as ****.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Na...

Get a Herbert and enjoy 180 watts of br00tality.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
How loud? Like kind of... compare how loud it would be compared to a combo amp if they were as loud xD Sorry I'm not the smartest person when it comes to gear..
Quote by Carl LOG
I do. I want it to last longer. I'm not going to put it on high volume yet! Bassist has a 200W amp already and Rhythm guitar has 120W but he'll get a louder one in some time... I need to right now as well... any suggestions..?? Please... ;P

You'll never need louder then 50-100 valve watts.

And does your rythm guitarist have a valve amp cause i'd be slightly worried if he wants to get louder then 120 watts valve..

Bassists need the headroom of mega watts for the uber low frequencies.
Quote by Carl LOG
How loud? Like kind of... compare how loud it would be compared to a combo amp if they were as loud xD Sorry I'm not the smartest person when it comes to gear..

Ever heard of tinnitus?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Grawgos
C'Mon Tom, you need at least 200 watts for the brootz.

lmao

*ehem*

WATTS DO NOT EQUAL VOLUME
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Hahahahah! Alright.... Which one would be better then? :P Peavey and Orange ones you think? :P
^^^ what orange were you looking at?

I 2nd tom's recommendation of a 6505

BTW, what amp does your rhythm guitarist have?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Depends...

you have £1000... you could get lots of things with that... you need to do some research.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Orange 212... Also I have no idea tbh xD He plays for about a year.. he used to have a shitty practice amp and when he joined the band he got a random 120W amp :P It's fair play not that bad tbh but I have no idea what is it I play for 3 years now btw :P On christmas eve will be 3 years since I got my first ever guitar :')
I don't have £1000 It's just thats the max I would be able to get... A price for me would be more like £700/800 which would be near the top for me but accessible :P
I'll go to sleep now and I'll do research on prices and shit tomorrow ;P thx for the quick replies
buy my laney and a boost.....

ok 700 is good, go buy a 6505 112.

there is one on ebay for 350. it will be perfect for you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
no worries and if its too quiet, you might need these:

also if the seller says he wont ship it would cost you about £30 to arrange it yourself.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Carl LOG
@EspTro - ?? What to look at then? I'm confused...

anything around 50 watts or more should be fine
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Okay then I think I understand Well I'll get something that is really powerful since I can afford it and I prefer to have something for a long time and not having to get louder in 2 years or so... ;D I was thinking of the Peavey 6505 and Orange 212... Orange is good price but that Peavey is too expensive :/ I can't find any cheaper versions... I wish I had money for any of the 6505 but I don't... Something about £600? Or bit more if you know a cheaper Cabinet good for me... :P
only 220w? are you sure that's enough? edit: dangit i missed the trollboat
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
only 220w? are you sure that's enough? edit: dangit i missed the trollboat

Just please don't **** with me now -.- EDIT: I get it now hahaha
Last edited by Carl LOG at Nov 29, 2011,
yeah i mean with tube 100 watts (even 50) should be enough for almost any eventuality
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?