Hey guys i'm in the market for a wah pedal and i want some help getting some ideas. Now i no that half of you are going to scream Crybaby Original but i want some more ideas. I really like Crybabys custom series it is very interesting but i want to also look past crybaby. The way has to handle distortion and lots of it. I have a tube amp and some artists i would use my wah to cover would be Hendrix (Ex. Voodoo Child) to Slash (Ex. Sweet Child Solo) to Alice in Chains (Ex. Man in the Box) up to full out distortion Kirk Hammett solo's. Thanks also don't worry bout price etc just shout ideas out at me :P
i really like my fulltone clyde. it has a lot of travel and a very large sweep, there is something adjustable on the inside, but i haven't messed with it. the deluxe model has a ton more features, but i didn't really need any of them.

RMC are all really good sounding too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I hear Zakk Wylde's Crybaby, and Kirk Hammet's Crybaby are really nice, and I've heard great things about the Vox Wahs. I've only played my regular Crybaby, though you can't go wrong with that, either.
Buy a used GCB-95 and have someone mod it for you. Saves you quite a bit of money and you can awesome wah.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I actually found that the CB original doesn't cut through high gain very well so I bought the Zakk Wylde sig model. It was better but not dramatic enough. I would try something with customizable parameters.
kirk hammet signature wah & the origional.

crybabys are well known for a reason, and its not epic shittyness. its QUALITY.

all the artists you mention used crybabys and some have signatures. cant go wrong with any of them.
Quote by Spaztikko

all the artists you mention used crybabys and some have signatures. cant go wrong with any of them.

Yeah, but how many of them actually use their signature ones? All of them use the custom rack mount one which you won't get out of the over-priced signature ones.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Spaztikko

it is nowhere near the qulity of my fulltone. or an RMC or anything like that. i got my clyde for $100 shipped off TGP. cheaper than most signature wahs that dunlop is doing and sounds a lot better, and will last way longer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I had the current production Crybaby Original for a while. I didn't care for it too much. It only really made the wah sound if you rocked it back and forth. There wasn't a lot going on in the middle of the treadle sweep.

I've heard there are some mods for Crybaby that increase the mid range (I guess what my old one lacked) and make them more vocal. Parts are generally $10 or less.

That said, I'm using a 535Q and it's MUCH better. It'd also be worth looking into the Fulltone Clyde McCoy wahs, RMC and Wilson effects (specifically the Rippah Q Wah).

I didn't much care for Morley wahs. I prefer a lot of throatiness and vocabulary in my wah. I didn't find them very vocal.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Myaccount876
I've heard only good things about the Jerry Cantrell sig Wah pedal.

Why bump?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I recently bought a Jam Pedal wah... why? It's the wahcko+... it has six positions to control the degree of sweep and tone of the wah, so that it can be extreme or subtle. It uses vintage style controls and pots and has a great sound.
Quote by Myaccount876
??? I don't know what you mean.

Hmm, a month has passed since the previous post and yours. More than likely the TS has already moved on.
i just got the origional crybaby today for christmas and its sounds awesome
Always Rock!
Quote by Sputnik1
Hmm, a month has passed since the previous post and yours. More than likely the TS has already moved on.

Ahh I see... Was just trying to help.
Plutoneium Chi Wah Wah
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by monwobobbo
check out some Morley wahs like the Bad Horsie or the Classic.

+1 to the Morley's.