Quote by Hobo69
No floyd, shit guitar for anything.

^ Floyd Roses aren't used much on indie/alt. rock music. I myself think that any kind of guitar would be good for any kind of genre of music.

Along with most people here, I think that this guitar would be amazing for indie music. If you really want to go for it, then go for it.
Shit, that thing oozes Indie Rock/Alternative.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Looks perfect, I play the same kind of music and I use a thinline, mine has a more traditional set of tele pickups though.
An indie guitar would be one that no one else owns.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by parhelia_0000
^ Floyd Roses aren't used much on indie/alt. rock music. I myself think that any kind of guitar would be good for any kind of genre of music.

He was trolling.

Anyway ya. Tele good. P90 good. Looks indie. Buy it!
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by meowington
i was talking about if it would sound good with that kind of music...

I'm still confused by the whole 'indie' genre I suppose.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
An indie guitar would be one that no one else owns.

No, that would be a hipster guitar.

On topic, yes, that looks fine. However, it is MIC.
^MIC doesn't necessarily mean bad, take a look at the Squier Classic Vibe series for example.
It looks like a budget Jim Adkins model. Based on people I know who have played/purchased those, they're pretty good. They play alt/indie for the most part and are pleased. By extension, you should be fine with this, even if you need to get some better P90's in the future.

In fact, it might be worth it to save up a few hundred and get the JA-90, since it seems to be an upgraded model of what you're looking for (aside from the entirely different bridge). The main things to consider would be price, pickups, set/bolt-on neck, and fretboard radius. Especially the last ones.
I am a fake mountain.
I was looking into buying this guitar as a Christmas present for my girlfriend but I can't seem to find a single review on it anywhere. Has anyone played this before?
Is it worth the money or should I just try and find a used Jim Adkins for the same price?
Last edited by xBrutalStrudelx at Dec 11, 2011,
Indie rock guitars are more about looks than anything else, I think. It's more in the amp. Band of Horses and My Morning Jacket sound very similar. One uses telecasters and stratocasters, the other uses Flying Vs and Les Pauls.

Get a Vox or Fender amp, then whichever guitar you think looks best on you. Ta-da, indie rock.

I kinda miss playing in an indie band. The shows were pretty average, but the crowd and the scene was full of people who were as interested in music as you were, even if some of them did it only for the appearance.

Quote by xBrutalStrudelx
I was looking into buying this guitar as a Christmas present for my girlfriend but I can't seem to find a single review on it anywhere. Has anyone played this before?
Is it worth the money or should I just try and find a used Jim Adkins for the same price?

I've got a small list of other reviews to do first, but my shop's getting a couple Modern Players here in a couple weeks. Not sure if we're getting this specific telecaster off the top of my head, but if we do, I'll make sure to get one up.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by xBrutalStrudelx

The Modern Players only came out a few weeks (months?) ago, give it some time.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I saw Snow Patrol WAY back before they were all huge n such and one of their guitarists was playing something like that. Probably a vintage reissue, but it was not a standard tele. Sounded GREAT!

A note about floyd rose... I've dealt with it... as many of us have... its a pain in the ass every time you break a string or have to change sets! It doesn't "make" the guitar in everyone's opinion. Also, Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Buddy Guy, SRV, Jimmy Page (to name a few) didn't need floyd rose to achieve guitar great status. Just sayin.