how much better is the gibson studio LP than the epiphone standard LP? i've always wanted a LP and i've decided i'm finally going to get one, but i can't afford the 2 grand for the LP custom unfortunately, so i'm going with one of the cheaper models and i'm just wondering if its worth the extra money for the gibson studio over an epiphone.
Use the searchbar

It probably is worth it. Epi's are good guitars, but Gibsons are simply better.

How much money you're willing to spend makes the decision.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
in the end its your choice go try out both see what you like more, in the end anyone here can say that the gibson is the best and the epi is sheet but your the one spending the money so your best off trying them out yourself.
Quote by pointblankpb10
f*** the search bar.

here in EG.

search bar ****s you!

i would help you, i know the answer to your question.

but the searchbar is my mom.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
here in EG.

search bar ****s you!

lmao. anyways i decided that gingerninja fellow speaks the truth, i dont need to ask people in the internet to tell me what guitar to get. /thread
Quote by Lespauljames
for the gibson you are paying for the name, i have a Epi, and a few people have offered me good money for it, no chance, quality instrument.

Epi's are good, but you're not paying a name with Gibson. Every little component with Gibsons are a little bit better than epis. All of those components add up to make a big difference. Or at least in my experience.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 28, 2011,
Also, i think resale value holds a bit stronger with the brand names. i am not saying Epi is not a brand name, they make good guitars but some brands hold stronger recognition and resale value.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
this topic is covered approximately every 143 minutes

OT, what's the difference between cheap, ground up chicken and white meat chicken. They're both chicken BUT ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AND YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE FACT THAT IT IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice December!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
they are undoubtedly better. i have toured Gibson's hollow-body facility (obviously we are talking about electric guitars here), and the work is being done very well, you could even see the reject bin headed to the wood chipper. they keep the room the same temp, have computers that keep the humidity constant and sprays water down from the ceiling in a very fine mist. you could see everybody doing their work, and they were doing a great job.

i doubt they have this wherever Epi's are made.

next time i am in Tennessee i am going to the Nashville facility and tour it. it is a lot of fun and if you are in the area you should really make a trip to one of those factories.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Ippon
This made me think of an animated GIF ... then had some lulz.

TS - it's not over until WE decide it's over.

now i dance.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

now i dance.

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
this topic is covered approximately every 143 minutes

+1
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo
Check craigslist I've seen gibsons go pretty cheap there. also used.guitarcenter.com
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
We dance?

OK, fine.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!