So basically I don't know much about them or if I should even do it but I wouldn't personally put them in, I was planing on taking it to a local place. right now I have the pups that came with my guitar which are Seymour Duncan Custom-5 (B) / Jazz (N) and I was thinking some active would suit me better because I mainly play hard rock/metal but I do also play grunge. So should I get some new one's? if so please recommended or should I save my money for a new guitar? I don't need a new amp, I'm happy with my guitar rig 5 and I can't really use a amp in my house anyways because I play at night.
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Last edited by NIN1993 at Nov 28, 2011,
I think the Custom 5 and Jazz is a great versatile combo. Not really sure if actives would be right for you. You'd have to mod the guitar of course and find room for the battery. There is a thread in GBnC oh the basic wiring of this if you are interested.

What is it about your tone that you want to change?

At the end of your signature you need a
I think the Custom 5 and Jazz is a great versatile combo. Not really sure if actives would be right for you. You'd have to mod the guitar of course and find room for the battery. There is a thread in GBnC oh the basic wiring of this if you are interested.

What is it about your tone that you want to change?

At the end of your signature you need a
I was just hoping to get something that picks up pinch harmonics a little better and I feel like the pups now don't work well for tapping but that's probably just me. thanks for the advice
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Quote by NIN1993
I was just hoping to get something that picks up pinch harmonics a little better and I feel like the pups now don't work well for tapping but that's probably just me. thanks for the advice

Tapping is in the fingers.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Tapping is in the fingers.

true statement. I will admit though that pinches are easier to get out of more sensitive pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.