Hey again everybody,
Thanks for all of your suggestions in my last post! I looked at all of them on youtube to kind of get a feel for the music but I just don't exactly feel it if you know what I mean. I just feel kind of overwhelmed right now with all of the different directions to go!

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to decide where I should start?

Thanks again.
heather's song - andy mckee
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
What kind of music or song are you looking to learn? There are tons of songs that sound really good on the acoustic, but you gotta have a preference as to what kind of song you wanna play.

If you want a few to have fun with...
--> "Ooh La La" by the Faces: It's a nice little song, and it's mostly 2 chords for the whole song, with a 3rd added during the chorus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--HaFAtC17U

Alternate these(EADGBE)
D: xx0232
Em7: x22030

Then add a G chord at the end during the chorus

--> "Ball and chain" by Social Distortion: This is one of the first songs I learned, and it's a great one to sing to. Just play D-A-G-D chords. Note though, that I think it's played at a half-step below concert tuning, so it might sound a little higher if you play it normally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lX-nQMrTw
I suggest you buy a song book, they have chord boxes in them throughout each song and show you when and how to make the changes. It's also a good start to learning how to follow basic music.

You may want to try The Big Book of Easy Accoustic Guitar Songs, I believe the songs range in age from the 1970s to the near present. There should be some in there that suit your ability. Or you can try one of the various songbooks by the Eagles, much their classic song are not overly hard.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
again deere. what kind of music are you interested in playing? everyone is throwing their favorites at you in many different styles. that can be mind boggling and frustrating. enough to make you put it down and walk away. what music is in your ipod ready to go? your looking at too many suggestions at once. tell us what you like listening to and it'll help narrow it down. much easier to learn a song thats already "stuck in your head" than one you've never heard or care for.
In my Ipod right now are mostly the classics. Like the beatles, led zeppelin, lynyrd skynard, rolling stones, etc. This is what I have listened to for all of my teenage years and now into college.
I actually love playing Beatles songs, they're not that hard and they pretty much all sound cool.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by Jomodeere
In my Ipod right now are mostly the classics. Like the beatles, led zeppelin, lynyrd skynard, rolling stones, etc. This is what I have listened to for all of my teenage years and now into college.

Nice picks, btw. If you're a classic rock fan, you can find tons of things to play that sound amazing on the acoustic. I'm in college now too, and I've lived and died by my acoustic so far.

Though, I'd advise sticking to songs with pretty simple chord rhythms that you can sing and play with ease. That method actually makes you look much more talented. Trust me
I found Bob Dylan stuff like Mr Tambourine Man or Blowin' In the Wind to be a good place to start. And you don't even need to be a good singer to make it sound authentic!