Is there a fx pedal that does the same, (or close to), the same as a Fernandez sustainer system?
I use a compressor to add sustain. A nice one can be fairly transparent as well.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
EHX Freeze pedal.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
EHX Freeze is great if you want to sustain say a chord while then play a melody over it or something similar (like an organ), but it only freezes the sound you are playing when you activate it. Now I have looked up the Fernandes, the EHX is what you are after rather than a compressor/sustainer.
Quote by MonkeyMan2015
Is there a fx pedal that does the same, (or close to), the same as a Fernandez sustainer system?

no. closest thing that will do infinite sustain is standing in front of a cranked amp.
If you're looking for infinite sustain, check out www.vibesware.com... the guitar resonator (GR1). There's also a Jr. version for half price. You get serious feedback or simply sustain at any point and for as long as you want it... while you play even (resonate one string like a drone, and play another string). This is like a super high-end ebow, except you don't have to hold it, you can aim it anywhere on the fretboard (don't have to accurately aim it along part of the pickup), you can flip quickly between basic sustain and feedback sustain, etc. Two thumbs up!
Quote by NakedInTheRain
no. closest thing that will do infinite sustain is standing in front of a cranked amp.
Thank god someone gets it..
Quote by NakedInTheRain

Big tube amps and a wall of speakers ftw.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
This is not always practical... I play predominantly in my home studio, where I do my recordings and have fun on the guitar. I have no interest in cranking up things so loud that I can get crazy sustain or feedback (how many does that in their homes?). And when you listen to the stuff I record with feedback and big sustain, no one is the wiser. That is why certain gear exists... to get an effect you want by skinning the same cat in a different manner. That is why I recommended the Vibesware GR-1 to the original poster.
Quote by logicbdj
This is not always practical... I play predominantly in my home studio, where I do my recordings and have fun on the guitar. I have no interest in cranking up things so loud that I can get crazy sustain or feedback (how many does that in their homes?). And when you listen to the stuff I record with feedback and big sustain, no one is the wiser. That is why certain gear exists... to get an effect you want by skinning the same cat in a different manner. That is why I recommended the Vibesware GR-1 to the original poster.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I never said no one does so, but certainly not all... and for those who don't want to crank things up to high levels, there are other solutions.
Quote by logicbdj
I never said no one does so, but certainly not all... and for those who don't want to crank things up to high levels, there are other solutions.

Pfft, that's like saying tofu is a replacement for steak.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I can tell you this... I don't comment on the EVH wah pedal... do you want to know why? I never tried one... never owned one... no direct experience with it. Likewise, I suggest you actually use a GR-1 before suggesting your analogy of tofu and steak... it's ignorant.
Yeah right, like it has the same quality as a big amp and a wall of speakers. You're telling me that a GR-1 can do this just as well? Jump to 2:32.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FgnFVm5k0
Give me a break.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by NakedInTheRain

ehx freeze has latch mode, you can effectively use that as a substitute for the fernandes
A few things...

it comes darn close (I should know as I actually use one)...

not everyone wants to crank an amp to get the same effect (particularly with home recording)...

you never used one, and so don't compare it to a professional band in concert (very lame)...

and there are pro musicians using this device, if you care to investigate.

Stick to what you want to do and like, but I'm trying to provide a solution to the poster. You are doing nothing but providing an ignorant response and confusing the poster or deterring him from looking into solutions.
Like it's hard to do what's in that clip. It may be a professional but the technique isn't rocket science. Anybody with a decent amp can pull off something like that.
Get a decent amp and speakers and tell your neighbours to kiss your arse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
aside from having respect for my neighbors, perhaps I don't want to crank my Orange to ear-damaging levels (and it doesn't take much to cause damage), particularly when you're working your levels with the remainder of the music/band. Again, focus on the poster's actual interest and intent and others will give your threads the same respect.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by logicbdj
aside from having respect for my neighbors, perhaps I don't want to crank my Orange to ear-damaging levels (and it doesn't take much to cause damage), particularly when you're working your levels with the remainder of the music/band. Again, focus on the poster's actual interest and intent and others will give your threads the same respect.

Well. I think this is more definitive proof that rock and roll is dead. File it with the rest.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Natural feedback is Rachel Weiz in guitar/amplifier form. It is pure bliss. It is part of the reason why I still play guitar after so many years.
Quote by logicbdj

+2

Sorry, I just had to.
I also only have 1 "neighbor" to be concerned with.
But if he really wants to bitch about my noise levels, I'll just evict his ass.
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah right, like it has the same quality as a big amp and a wall of speakers. You're telling me that a GR-1 can do this just as well? Jump to 2:32.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FgnFVm5k0
Give me a break.

I didn't even have to click the link to know what song is was going to be.
RIP Gooze

cats
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
+3 quite often but most the time with hearing protection.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
+4

Quote by 00_hns_00
ehx freeze has latch mode, you can effectively use that as a substitute for the fernandes

not really, you play a note or chord and it drones over what you play next, it doesn't affect your signal in real time, like the fernandes or a cranked amp does.