So when i pull up too far on my floyd all the strings go a bit sharp when i let go. Except the 3rd string, it goes a half step flat! But when i press down on the bar all the notes return to the correct tuning. any idea wtf is going on?

obviously the trem isnt returning to center, but why is this one string going flat when it should be sharp like the rest. should i just trade the damn thing in for a guitar with a tonepros wraparound and say screw it? haha
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Last edited by TehFluffy at Nov 29, 2011,
At first thought, these are the things that come to mind.
  • New strings, not stretched
  • Something is slipping on the 3rd string (as it should be consistently sharp)
  • The 3rd string isn't actually flat, but is in relation to the others being sharp.
Regardless, something's up. What kind of Floyd is it? Licensed? Which model?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by richardlpalmer

He said OFR.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Quote by richardlpalmer
  • New strings, not stretched
  • Something is slipping on the 3rd string (as it should be consistently sharp)
  • The 3rd string isn't actually flat, but is in relation to the others being sharp.

The strings are stretched. When i push the bar down all strings go back into tune perfectly. Been played plenty. Guitar was shipped with strings in tune(odd to me) so they were actually pretty much stretched by my first tuning.

If something was slipping, why would it return to perfect tune when pushing down?

And it is flat. The G can drop so low it kicks the tuner down to F#, but generally stays just one bar above that on my Korg DTR-1000.

so, i don't think we found it yet. thank you though!

edit - and it is the korean made Original Floyd Rose. Shit, my jackson licensed trems seem nicer than this.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
It sounds like maybe one of two things to me. Check your locking nut for any deep cuts in it as that could cause string slipping but also check the knife edges to see if they are dull. I could be wrong though but this is my best guesses as to what it could be.
Quote by Darkdevil725
It sounds like maybe one of two things to me. Check your locking nut for any deep cuts in it as that could cause string slipping but also check the knife edges to see if they are dull. I could be wrong though but this is my best guesses as to what it could be.

You were close, there was a burr on the trem post right by the knife edge! Shaved it off and this thing will not budge a bit!

$550 for neck through, coil tapped rockfields, grover rotomatics, and an OFR. Thank you, B. C. Rich. I never thought i'd say that...
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy
- and it is the korean made Original Floyd Rose. Shit, my jackson icensed trems seem nicer than this.

As far as I know there arent any OFR made in Korea, I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive.

Anyone else care to chime in
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
As far as I know there arent any OFR made in Korea, I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive.

Anyone else care to chime in

Actually, most of the OFRs that come OEM are make in Korea...

right from FR website.

•FLOYD ROSE ORIGINAL
•FLOYD ROSE 1000 SERIES
•FLOYD ROSE SPECIAL SERIES

All three units are produced exclusively for Floyd Rose by our Handpicked Manufacturers:

The Floyd Rose Original is produced in Germany and is our flagship model.
The Floyd Rose 1000 Series is made in Korea. An excellent unit mirrored after the Original and is only available OEM.
The Floyd Rose Special Series is also made in Korea. This is our version of the licensed tremolo. This unit is well manufactured and is as good if not better than any other licensed version Floyd Rose. We also stand behind this bridge 100%.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy
right from FR website.

•FLOYD ROSE ORIGINAL
•FLOYD ROSE 1000 SERIES
•FLOYD ROSE SPECIAL SERIES

All three units are produced exclusively for Floyd Rose by our Handpicked Manufacturers:

The Floyd Rose Original is produced in Germany and is our flagship model.
The Floyd Rose 1000 Series is made in Korea. An excellent unit mirrored after the Original and is only available OEM.
The Floyd Rose Special Series is also made in Korea. This is our version of the licensed tremolo. This unit is well manufactured and is as good if not better than any other licensed version Floyd Rose. We also stand behind this bridge 100%.

Like I said there are no OFR made in Korea only cheap versins. OFR are German. Not saying the FR Special isnt diecent, but it is a far cry from the real deal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Like I said there are no OFR made in Korea only cheap versins. OFR are German. Not saying the FR Special isnt diecent, but it is a far cry from the real deal.

Did you not just read that? It clearly says the OEM OFRs are made in Korea, like I said.

We aren't talking about the FR specials, it clearly says that is their licensed version.
And yes, the german unit is more expensive, but thats why they make the korean ofrs. They were losing business to other trem companies so they came up with a lower cost OFR that could be put into OEM guitars without driving the price up.

So when companies say their guitars come with an OFR (Schecter for example) it's all a lie?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy
Did you not just read that? It clearly says the OEM OFRs are made in Korea, like I said.

Yes I did and it says that the OFR is made in Germany.
Every other version is just a Licenced FR. Yes FR has them made for them by other companys, but not FR.

Like I said I am not saying that the FRS or FR 1000 are bad, because they are better than alot of the LFR's out there. But they are LFR made for FR by other contractors, just like the Jackson,Ibanez,ect LFR.

Thats like saying that a PRS SE is a real PRS. Yes PRS has them made by some other company. Yes they might even say PRS, but trust me they are not real PRS guitars. Same goes for ESP and LTD, Gibson and Epiphone.

EDIT: all those listed are made to the same specs/size as the OFR.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yes I did and it says that the OFR is made in Germany.
Every other version is just a Licenced FR. Yes FR has them made for them by other companys, but not FR.

Like I said I am not saying that the FRS or FR 1000 are bad, because they are better than alot of the LFR's out there. But they are LFR made for FR by other contractors, just like the Jackson,Ibanez,ect LFR.

Thats like saying that a PRS SE is a real PRS. Yes PRS has them made by some other company. Yes they might even say PRS, but trust me they are not real PRS guitars. Same goes for ESP and LTD, Gibson and Epiphone.

Just because something is manufactured in a different location, doesn't mean it's a different company making it.
So will you please show me who makes the Original Floyd Rose systems for OEM guitars? No, im not going to just trust you. Show me.

Also, you mean to tell me Gibsons and Epiphones are made by different companies? ZOMG! maybe because they ARE different companies, and always have been. You are talking about different companies. I am talking about different products.

And just so you know, a PRS SE is a real PRS. Because it's sold by the PRS company. Just like Marshall MGs are real marshalls. They aren't high end flagship models, but they are marshalls.

bottom line is, Floyd has to cut costs to be effective. So to get his units in more OEM guitars, he produced a cheaper line of OFRs for OEM use. I know I'm not as cool as someone with a german trem made by Floyd himself, but its still an original. I understand you're too ignorant to understand this, but it's ok. Maybe someone else will benefit.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
As far as I know, FR is bassed in Germany, like your post says. Schaller and I belive Gotoh are the only companys that make OFR.
Even in your post it says the Floyd Rose Special is our version of the LFR made in Korea.

Again I did not say that they were bad, I was just pointing out the obvious. I don't think you will find a guitar with an OFR for less than $800ish new.

I am also glad that FR has taken some initiative to make a better LFR, that they over see to an extent vs. just letting random companys buy the rights to make there own version.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
As far as I know, FR is bassed in Germany, like your post says. Schaller and I belive Gotoh are the only companys that make OFR.
Even in your post it says the Floyd Rose Special is our version of the LFR made in Korea.

Again I did not say that they were bad, I was just pointing out the obvious. I don't think you will find a guitar with an OFR for less than $800ish new.

I am also glad that FR has taken some initiative to make a better LFR, that they over see to an extent vs. just letting random companys buy the rights to make there own version.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-hellraiser-c-1-fr-electric-guitar

Lets look at this example, because im confused. According to me, this would have an OFR because it's loaded with the OEM 1000 series. According to you it doesn't.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Read what you posted off the Floyd website. It very clearly says all OFR are made in Germany. The FR1000 and FRS are made in Korea and modeled after the OFR, but they are NOT OFR as you seem the keep insisting.

If the guitar in question is marketed as having an OFR and has a trem that is stamped as made in Korea then it is being falsely advertised.
Quote by TehFluffy
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-hellraiser-c-1-fr-electric-guitar

Lets look at this example, because im confused. According to me, this would have an OFR because it's loaded with the OEM 1000 series. According to you it doesn't.

Where exactly does this say it has an OEM 1000 trem.? It says Floyd Rose Original. Just because the guitar is Korean made doesn't mean they can't install a German OFR on it.

Edit: According to Musicians Friend it's an OFR, but Schecter's site says FR1000. No idea which is accurate. I think the confusion is coming from the sellers here, not from the manufacturer. The Floyd site clearly states what is what but the guitar manufacturers and retails don't seem to agree on how to label the product.
Last edited by poppameth at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by TehFluffy

Look I wasnt trying to start a flame war, but yes that has an OFR. It states it is an Original FR not any other variant.

it doesn't say anything about a FR 1000 dude.

And why are you getting all pissy?

I stated more than once that the FR 1000 and FRS are diecent, and better than alot of others. I never dogged them one time.

But when you are asking for help, it is a good Idea to let people know which model you really have and not just lump it in a general OFR catagory, because there are diffrences in materials they are made of.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by poppameth
Read what you posted off the Floyd website. It very clearly says all OFR are made in Germany. The FR1000 and FRS are made in Korea and modeled after the OFR, but they are NOT OFR as you seem the keep insisting.

If the guitar in question is marketed as having an OFR and has a trem that is stamped as made in Korea then it is being falsely advertised.

Thank god some one else with common sense has chimed in
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by poppameth

Yes, the flagship OFRs are made in germany. That is a fact. The OEM version of the OFR is made in Korea, also a fact. I'm sorry you don't like the fact that the Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge is referred to as an OFR, but that IS the OEM version of the OFR.

Quote by Robbgnarly
Look I wasnt trying to start a flame war, but yes that has an OFR. It states it is an Original FR not any other variant.

it doesn't say anything about a FR 1000 dude.

and yeah, specifying the korean version would have been smart. but problem fixed. and don't worry, ill never tread on your precious OFR name again. but you better start writing letters to bc rich and schecter. i think LTD finally started actually putting 1000 series, but the OEM ofrs have been korean for years.

And why are you getting all pissy?

I stated more than once that the FR 1000 and FRS are diecent, and better than alot of others. I never dogged them one time.

But when you are asking for help, it is a good Idea to let people know which model you really have and not just lump it in a general OFR catagory, because there are diffrences in materials they are made of.

but you do realize that guitar has the 1000 series in it, right?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
You are missing the point. According to Floyd Rose and the information YOU posted, the FR1000 is NOT an OFR.
Quote by TehFluffy

but you do realize that guitar has the 1000 series in it, right?

That's the problem. According to Musicians Friend it isn't a FR1000. It's listed as a OFR. The Schecter site says FR1000. One of them is flat out wrong and I tend to think it's Musicians Friend.
I did some checking. All the major retailers list is as an OFR, but Schecter does not. Either Floyd Rose is allowing the Korean OEM to be marketed as an OFR or there is some shady marketing going on.
Quote by poppameth
You are missing the point. According to Floyd Rose and the information YOU posted, the FR1000 is NOT an OFR.

Sigh. I know the FR1000 is different than the german OFR. I can't seem to find the word to make you understand what I am trying to say, and after reading my posts i can see how you think im saying the koreans are an original. i guess i just lack the words to fully describe what i am trying to say. ?

ANYWAYS. PROBLEM FIXED. thanks for the info guys.

Quote by poppameth
I did some checking. All the major retailers list is as an OFR, but Schecter does not. Either Floyd Rose is allowing the Korean OEM to be marketed as an OFR or there is some shady marketing going on.

That was one of the points i was trying to bring up, they are marketing them as OFRs!
Alot of mid level guitars are putting the fr 1000s in and calling them ofrs with no distinction.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy
Sigh. I know the FR1000 is different than the german OFR. I can't seem to find the word to make you understand what I am trying to say, and after reading my posts i can see how you think im saying the koreans are an original. i guess i just lack the words to fully describe what i am trying to say. ?

ANYWAYS. PROBLEM FIXED. thanks for the info guys.

I think you were trying to say it is a real FR bridge not an OFR bridge. The fact it does not say Licensed Floyd Rose, yes it is in fact a genuine FR part. Just not the Original

I'm glad you got your issue sorted out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I think you were trying to say it is a real FR bridge not an OFR bridge. The fact it does not say Licensed Floyd Rose, yes it is in fact a genuine FR part. Just not the Original

I'm glad you got your issue sorted out

Sorry about that, i was half asleep and still feeling my 100mg valium binge last night.

I was trying to say that the companies are selling the guitars as having an OFR, but they actually have the FR1000s. Hence me saying the FR1000s are the OEM OFRs, if that makes sense.

To compare, the 1000s are specd exactly the same except for the metal they use. It's as good as you are going to get without the real deal, as far as floyds go. The only thing i feel i am lacking is a bit of sustain. Do you think a big block would help much?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy
Sorry about that, i was half asleep and still feeling my 100mg valium binge last night.

I was trying to say that the companies are selling the guitars as having an OFR, but they actually have the FR1000s. Hence me saying the FR1000s are the OEM OFRs, if that makes sense.

To compare, the 1000s are specd exactly the same except for the metal they use. It's as good as you are going to get without the real deal, as far as floyds go. The only thing i feel i am lacking is a bit of sustain. Do you think a big block would help much?

Yeah you want a full size BRASS sustain block.

Take a look at www.Guitarfetish.com they have some. I don't know if they have exactly what your after, but its a good ,cheaper place to start.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah you want a full size BRASS sustain block.

Take a look at www.Guitarfetish.com they have some. I don't know if they have exactly what your after, but its a good ,cheaper place to start.

yeah i was on floydupgrades or something and saw the titanium ones and shat. then i scrolled down and saw brass ones for 30 something. do i have to measure as to how big i can get or can i just throw the biggest one in? and how much of a difference does this make in the sustain? i just wish i could get some more string energy into the body. i don't seem to have too much more sustain than my bolt ons with trems. and a little less than my set neck with a TOM. hmph...

will check out guitarfetish
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
I read through everything on the Floyd Rose page and it looks like they all are categorized as "Original Floyd Rose Style" which is of course different than saying they are all OFR. I think the guitar manufacturers are taking advantage of the vague wording and the fact that they are the Floyd Rose brand to market them as OFR even though they are the OEM version and not the actual OFR. Oh well, not much you can do about it but educate yourself on the product you are buying before hand.

As for the brass blocks, yes they help but it isn't a huge difference in my experience. My Gotoh Floyd style came with a smaller brass block. I can't tell any difference between that and a large brass block. You can hear the difference between brass and stock pot metal on some tremolos though.

As for titanium, don't buy into that. It's expensive and doesn't have any benefit over brass for this. The Titanium Floyd Rose Tremolo is even worse. It's insanely expensive an not as durable as the steel version. Steel is stronger than titanium, but titanium has better strength per weight ratio. Again, it's marketing.
Last edited by poppameth at Nov 30, 2011,
Whether it's a OFR or FR-1000 doesn't matter. There aren't any differences between them other than the country they're made in. The Special is a little cheaper but not anything that would be causing the problems you're describing in the first post.

Your Floyd isn't returning to tune. That could be because it's not set up properly for the strings/tuning you're using, maybe the locking nut isn't actually locking the strings down as it should, the knife edges have dulled, the bridge has worn a notch in one or both of the posts or either the saddles or saddle locking blocks have worn down. Floyds are pretty complex and one tiny thing wrong can make it impossible to keep them in tune. All of these things can happen to a OFR just as easily as a 1000 or Special. Unless you get a bridge made out of solid titanium, eventually one or more parts are going to wear through a little.

Most of the strings going flat and one going sharp or vice versa is standard for a Floyd that's got a part or parts wearing down. Think about when you bend a string normally. The one you're bending up is raising in pitch but that pulls the bridge forwards which makes the others go flat. Same thing is happening here.

Your task is to look over every part of the guitar very carefully and look for signs of wear. The knife edges and posts are the most likely place. Then the nut, if you've not been locking that down tight enough. Then the saddles, if you've been tightening those too much. If it's the knife edges that have dulled you'll need to get them sharpened by a good tech. If it's any other part you should be able to buy replacement parts fairly cheaply.
And the spec listing thing is a common problem. If a brand's site says one thing and the shop site says another then trust the brand's site. Lots of shops write OFR in place of any Floyd or they'll simply write 'EMG pickups' without saying that they're actually the passive ones or they'll say a guitar has a solid maple cap when it's only a veneer or any number of other things. Always look what the brand itself says.
Quote by TehFluffy

Most places refer to the FRT as an FRO (Floyd Rose Original) since they are NOT licensed Floyd's. Most all guitars $2,500 American and below will have a Korean Floyd and not a German. They are made out of the exact same metal as the OFR, a hardened steel plate,steel saddles and a brass sustain block and they are also stamped and pressed on the same kind of machine. The only reason they're cheaper is because it costs less for Korea to make them since their labor is cheaper.

The Specials are a licensed version made under Floyd Rose. The reason they are considered licensed is because they use Zinc saddles and a Zinc sustain block, the base plate is the same as the OFR and FRT/FRO.

The Brass Big Block might help you a tiny little bit, but I personally don't think they are worth the time or money. The only time IMO they would be worth it is if you are upgrading from a Zinc block, then I would recommend them. And a good bolt on guitar can/will sustain as good as any set or thru neck.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Most places refer to the FRT as an FRO (Floyd Rose Original) since they are NOT licensed Floyd's. Most all guitars $2,500 American and below will have a Korean Floyd and not a German. They are made out of the exact same metal as the OFR, a hardened steel plate,steel saddles and a brass sustain block and they are also stamped and pressed on the same kind of machine. The only reason they're cheaper is because it costs less for Korea to make them since their labor is cheaper.

The Specials are a licensed version made under Floyd Rose. The reason they are considered licensed is because they use Zinc saddles and a Zinc sustain block, the base plate is the same as the OFR and FRT/FRO.

The Brass Big Block might help you a tiny little bit, but I personally don't think they are worth the time or money. The only time IMO they would be worth it is if you are upgrading from a Zinc block, then I would recommend them. And a good bolt on guitar can/will sustain as good as any set or thru neck.

Thanks for the info! And i would be upgrading from the standard block in it. Doesn't look brass to me haha. No matter, the way it plays now is AMAZING considering it cost 550.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy
Thanks for the info! And i would be upgrading from the standard block in it. Doesn't look brass to me haha. No matter, the way it plays now is AMAZING considering it cost 550.

They don't look Brass because Floyd Rose nickle plates their brass blocks.
I have a gold FRT on my Gary Kramer Custom and it has a plated brass block on it just like the OFR.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Nov 30, 2011,
Yep, just like a lot of Gotoh's have a black block, but it just a painted brass block. You find out quick when you scratch it putting the springs on.
You have two issues here with your Floyd. The first is your springs are either set wrong, or are worn out and you need new ones. Are you tuned to standard E? More often than not, if you are tuning to a lower tuning, and are trying to dive on your Floyd you will have to do more than simply adjust your springs. The Floyd will come on the guitar set up for standard E unless otherwise specified. If you Are in standard E, then I would say try a new set of springs if they are old. Also, make sure everything is floating as it should. And both sides are set up correctly. Sometimes a Floyd can bind up causing it to reset at a slightly different spot than where it started.
As for the single string being out of tune with the rest, it could be a worn saddle block letting the string slip a bit, or could also be the tuning peg letting the string slip a bit through the eye hole. A way to make sure it's NOT the eye hole is simply lock your headstock down, then dive and pull up a few times. If it's still an issue, it will most likely be the saddle.
Best of luck.
Quote by Maximo33
You have two issues here with your Floyd. The first is your springs are either set wrong, or are worn out and you need new ones. Are you tuned to standard E? More often than not, if you are tuning to a lower tuning, and are trying to dive on your Floyd you will have to do more than simply adjust your springs. The Floyd will come on the guitar set up for standard E unless otherwise specified. If you Are in standard E, then I would say try a new set of springs if they are old. Also, make sure everything is floating as it should. And both sides are set up correctly. Sometimes a Floyd can bind up causing it to reset at a slightly different spot than where it started.
As for the single string being out of tune with the rest, it could be a worn saddle block letting the string slip a bit, or could also be the tuning peg letting the string slip a bit through the eye hole. A way to make sure it's NOT the eye hole is simply lock your headstock down, then dive and pull up a few times. If it's still an issue, it will most likely be the saddle.
Best of luck.

Already fixed. Was just a tiny metal burr stuck on the trem post. Now I cannot for the life of me get this thing to go out of tune.

And i've been finding more and more that companies are calling these FR1000s OFRs... so unless they specifically buy the german made ones and list it as so, i'm guessing most OEM OFRs will be the 1000 series.

like this bc rich video. http://vimeo.com/29659555
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Quote by TehFluffy

edit - and it is the korean made Original Floyd Rose. Shit, my jackson licensed trems seem nicer than this.

those jackson trems are legit. i have the same guitar

sorry for not relating or being helpful..
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED