Now, I'm totally comfortable with my playing and practicing at the moment, but these past few months, I've been worrying about how much I practiced last year. I know it's irrational, since my memory isn't perfect, and I can't pick details out in my head like that, but does anyone else ever worry about how many hours they've logged from the past?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Quote by theothersun
No, I just play as much as I can. Music is the only thing I don't worry about.

Agreed. Looking back over the last 11 months or so I can definitely admit there were times I slacked off and wouldn't play for weeks on end, but when I did play it was because I wanted to and enjoyed playing, and that's what matters most, imo.

Regardless, I've started playing everyday lately and I've noticed a large improvement in my technique, so there's no doubt you get back what you put into your playing.
The time to hesitate is through..

Gear:
Fender 60's Road Worn Strat
Epiphone Les Paul '56 Gold Top
Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Quote by Draken
and the stig. American Stig would be a fat guy with a nascar hat.
I found that too much practice was turning me dull in my playing. I took a break for about 2 months then came back to playing and wrote some pretty good stuff.
Quote by Bluesblitz
Now, I'm totally comfortable with my playing and practicing at the moment, but these past few months, I've been worrying about how much I practiced last year. I know it's irrational, since my memory isn't perfect, and I can't pick details out in my head like that, but does anyone else ever worry about how many hours they've logged from the past?

No, because it's not only irrelevant, there's absolutely sod all you can do to change it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, I worry a lot about how much time I put into listening to music rather than actually playing music.

Time's a bitch.
Quote by Bluesblitz

No

why worry about stuff you can't change?

My suggestion: Play your guitar & enjoy it.... don't waste time worrying about it.
shred is gaudy music
Are you worried about getting your 10,000 hours in? Is that what you're getting at?
That number's just a guideline. Nothing magical happens at hour 10,000; you've just done a shit-ton of practicing. Just keep practicing and playing, and don't worry about logging anything.