Ok so one guy offered me a used engl invader 150 head at 2145 USD. Im not so sure if its a good deal. However, it is cheaper than buying online as i live in asia so if i ship a new invader it will cost me 3000 USD plus shipping tax gst....I actually wanted to buy engls long time ago (The powerball but recently i researched on this amp and generally there were very negative things to be said but i dont know who to believe because i cant try it out myself)when usd rates were cheap but can you give me advice whether i should spend the money on other brands with similar price? I also saw a used diezel einstein at the shop so im comparing between the two although i didnt find out the price..

P.s. Im a bedroom guitarist so is 150 watts an issue? i want to get a good sound at low volumes? I dont really care about my neighbours but i want to get the best out of this amp.Also, can anyone recommend a cabinet if i buy this?
I now have a signature
Last edited by jnsw at Nov 29, 2011,
ENGLs get pretty good sound at low volumes...but I don't like the Invader 150. The 100 is better. The Diezel einstein would be better imo.

As for a cab...can't go wrong with a Mesa 4x12 or an ENGL pro 4x12.

*edit*

a 2x12 would do too if you don't crank the amp.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
ENGLs get pretty good sound at low volumes...but I don't like the Invader 150. The 100 is better. The Diezel einstein would be better imo.

As for a cab...can't go wrong with a Mesa 4x12 or an ENGL pro 4x12.

*edit*

a 2x12 would do too if you don't crank the amp.

but for the used price of the invader do you think its good? Well they only have the 150 loll...
I now have a signature
Its a decent used price for the US I guess. Have you even played it?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by jnsw
but can you give me advice whether i should spend the money on other brands with similar price?

P.s. Im a bedroom guitarist so is 150 watts an issue?

i want to get a good sound at low volumes? I dont really care about my neighbours but i want to get the best out of this amp.

Also, can anyone recommend a cabinet if i buy this?

Quote by GS LEAD 5
^Why? He's asking if a deal is worth it, not what amp he should get right?

For those reasons - I put the link in. Just trying to help, not be a dick
Quote by Mark G
Its a decent used price for the US I guess. Have you even played it?

yea played it but i dont know how to set the knobs to reach its full potential though. I just messed around with it .
I now have a signature
I'd go for an SE over the Invader. They can be found at a similar price range to that and it's a much safer bet that you'll like the SE than you'll like the Invader.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com