Alright, so a while back a friend of mine was interested in this girl from our semester. He was great friends with her, they did a lot of stuff together yadda yadda, he was friendzoned so obviously you could see it from Mars.
He didn't see that, and eventually asked her out. He got rejected and was really bummed out because of it.
Being his bro, I tried to cheer him up by pointing out all of her shortcomings and exaggerated her bad sides, and tore her down from the pedastal he had put her up on. It worked, and he soon felt better.

Now apparently he eventually told her all of these things and she approached me asking me if I hated her. After I explained the circumstances and that it had only been to cheer him up, she was okay with it, saying she had done the same before with friends.

So I dodged a bullet, but I was wondering: Has anybody else done this before, or has anyone been in a similar situation?

When a friend is moping over a girl he lost/got rejected from, is it right to act this way as a friend, or do you just say "You'll get over her?"

Opinions and experiences are very welcome.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 29, 2011,
I always laugh at them. Then make them buy me that beer they owe me for every time they fail.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Cocaine and a hooker should set him straight
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Your friend is a little bish
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Fuk dat, i'm busting myself trying to conquer my own girl here and my "bros" might as well be spoons for the amount of help i'm receiving.
When they get turned down i'll just f*cking laugh my arse off in their face.

I don't have lots of friends :/
That's a bit mean, isn't it? Telling someone about the bad things you've said about them?
Anyway, I've done it before. I'm a wonderful trashtalker when I'm in the mood, and it really helps if you want to cheer someone up.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
I'm hardly the type to comfort a friend after getting rejected by a girl. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Obviously you're just trying to help your friend, but you're also trashing an innocent person.
PM me for newts
Personally, I don't agree with throwing somebody under the bus like that. It's great that your friend was so understanding, but some of my friends wouldn't appreciate it very much if I did something similar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by StewieSwan
I'm hardly the type to comfort a friend after getting rejected by a girl. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Obviously you're just trying to help your friend, but you're also trashing an innocent person.

Don't think of it as trashing, think of it as... brutally smashing the love-goggles with a sledgehammer.
I don't know, to be honest. It depends on the situation. Personally, me and my ex are still friends, and my (female)bros (who were never really fans of the ex anyway) are going further than just "smashing love-goggles", which I think can be useful, and just slagging her off.

It can work, but the danger is, at least for me, that I no longer feel comfortable sharing anything about the situation with the (female)bros because it feels like they no longer understand why I'm in this mood, because all they can think of is what a bitch, so I dunno.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Don't think of it as trashing, think of it as... brutally smashing the love-goggles with a sledgehammer.

Yeah, but still it's kinda underhanded to do that. Should have just kicked your bro in the dick and told him to stop being a crybaby emotional faggotron.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, but still it's kinda underhanded to do that. Should have just kicked your bro in the dick and told him to stop being a crybaby emotional faggotron.

I'm trying to think of a way to translate that to german right now
Quote by CoreysMonster

Opinions and experiences are very welcome.

I only really say something if I know the situation at least a little bit. Something like "so how far have you gotten with her?" If they imply nowhere but some beating around the bush pussy ass "I'm waiting for some perfect disney moment" I'll just tell it like it is: "stop being a pussy and hit that or move on."

****ing lol @ mama mia
Last edited by BlackVoid at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif
Fixed.

Why would you put cocaine on a hooker? lord only knows where she's been.
I've done the same thing recently for a bro that got dumped. He falls head over heels really fast for his girlfriends. I wouldn't expect for him to tell his ex though. You were doing your duty as a bro. You're friend's being a puss.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Yeah I do this. I come up with nicknames for them though, and make jokes about them non-stop for about a week or so.
idk, i just buy them beer and drink with them until we both cant feel feelings anymore.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
idk, i just buy them beer and drink with them until we both cant feel feelings anymore.

pretty much this
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
He was blatantly trying to get on her good side by telling on you, what a little bitch.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
He was blatantly trying to get on her good side by telling on you, what a little bitch.

Yup. Good on her to come straight to you about it and to understand what you were doing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Corey, you could have just wrote "Bros before hoes? Yes or no?" in the OP, but I digress.

I would think it's acceptable, as long as, like you say, are capable of dodging the bullet if ever the hypothetical gun is aimed at you.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.