Page 1 of 2
I notice so many older people who are so bitter against the young and I'm wondering if it's because they wish they were younger.
Yes, that's pretty much it.

Also, older people have more experiencem and young people do more dumb shit which gets them hate.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm 18, hate me bitches.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Simsimius
Yes, that's pretty much it.

Also, older people have more experiencem and young people do more dumb shit which gets them hate.

It's just a lot of them make stereotypes about people because of their age. You tell them your age and they think they know everything about you.
Quote by MiserySignals11
I notice so many older people who are so bitter against the young and I'm wondering if it's because they wish they were younger.

Certainly a contributing factor. Also how much easier younger people have it with todays technology.

"back in my day we had to go to a music store to get music!"
only because ever since i turned 18, i could no longer get away with as much crap. well at least im almost 21 now :/
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Younger people just get a lot of hate because they think they've got it all figured out, while they actually don't know shit.
Quote by The_Casinator
Younger people just get a lot of hate because they think they've got it all figured out, while they actually don't know shit.

I'd say this goes for most people, no matter their age.
Can't answer this question, the FBI is watching.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by The_Casinator

That is quite understandable. However, not EVERY SINGLE younger person is the same. Older people should know not to stereotype beyond the point of reason.
Yes I am. Most young people are able to get by in their lives without realizing how bad things really are. They're able to hang out with friends, play sports, go to concerts, etc, without a worry in the world. They're allowed to enjoy life without the threat of reality crashing down on them to crush their hopes and dreams.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'm 21 and don't pay much mind to younger people, although I kinda pity those yet stuck in high school because I remember that feel.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Yes I am. Most young people are able to get by in their lives without realizing how bad things really are. They're able to hang out with friends, play sports, go to concerts, etc, without a worry in the world. They're allowed to enjoy life without the threat of reality crashing down on them to crush their hopes and dreams.

Aren't you like 16?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by MiserySignals11
That is quite understandable. However, not EVERY SINGLE younger person is the same. Older people should know not to stereotype beyond the point of reason.

True. Personally, I don't think I know what the world is all about, but older people will still look at me like I'm ignorant. Older doesn't mean wiser.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm 21 and don't pay much mind to younger people, although I kinda pity those yet stuck in high school because I remember that feel.

Aren't you like 16?

18. I was happy until I was about 13, and then I realized that everything's fucked.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
No I'm not.

I have a nephew who is 16, and nieces who are 12-14. Frankly, they're annoying and obnoxious, and think it's acceptable to be a cheeky **** and talk back to their parents.

Unfortunately, their parents are also idiots, and allow them to get away with it.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
Not for shit, im only 20 but the youth of today are horrible

As if you were any different.

Every kid is as cocky and stupid as the next. That's what makes them kids. The semi-old generation just has trouble realising it.
Young humans are generally less intelligent and worse at almost everything than adults. They are also often socially inept, impolite, uncompromising, tactless and often just plain mean. They just don't necessarily realise it.

Of course young people have some great qualities, but I'd guess those ^ are the reasons older people sometimes look on youngsters unfavourably.

I was most definitely all of those things as a child, heck I probably still am some of them to a certain extent; I'm not going to pretend that now I'm 18 I am a perfectly adjusted adult who knows how everything works.
Last edited by ButtHurt© at Nov 29, 2011,
To me, it's not because people want to be young again (though, that is a valid idea), but I think it's because they realise how much they "missed", or what could have been. That feeling of regret, basically.

Shit, I even have that feeling, and I'm only 20. I missed out on a lot. A LOT. My only solace is that my true youth isn't over yet. I still have a few years to act a fool, and to be young and reckless.

But, in terms of the older crowds looking down on youth? Yes, total envy, and personal regret. Being young has many, many pros that, usually, more than outweigh the cons.

We don't really realise how much freedom, and power, we all really have, until it's all gone.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Also - when I look back at how I was between the ages of 16 - 20, I'm damn happy that I'm not like that anymore.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
No I'm not.

I have a nephew who is 16, and nieces who are 12-14. Frankly, they're annoying and obnoxious, and think it's acceptable to be a cheeky **** and talk back to their parents.

Unfortunately, their parents are also idiots, and allow them to get away with it.

I know what you mean. I have seen more than my fair share of idiots, but what disturbs me is when 12 year olds are compared to, say, 22 year olds. The older people seem to dismiss anyone under 35 as being exactly like Beavis and Butthead.
Quote by MiserySignals11

I'm not bitter. You're just stupid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ButtHurt©
Young humans are generally less intelligent and worse at almost everything than adults. They are also often socially inept, impolite, uncompromising, tactless and often just plain mean. They just don't necessarily realise it.

Because older people are nothing like that at all...

Quote by Jackal58
I'm not bitter. You're just stupid.

I never said you were bitter. Thanks for the kind words.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Aren't you like 16?

That made me laugh... 21 and talking about younger people.. rolflmao...
There's me thinking, i'm 49 and the only thing I would be jealous of younger people is that they are going to do all the sh't I used to do.
You know what, if I had my time again, I would do it all twice as hard and more often.
I still don't feel any different now to over 35 yrs ago, I just have more money and sense now.
Keep It Real and live life.
Quote by MiserySignals11
I know what you mean. I have seen more than my fair share of idiots, but what disturbs me is when 12 year olds are compared to, say, 22 year olds. The older people seem to dismiss anyone under 35 as being exactly like Beavis and Butthead.

I could argue that you're dismissing older people as judgemental and bitter, but I won't go down that road.

Basically, stereotypes exist for a reason. Unfortunately, when wandering around town on a Saturday afternoon doing a bit of shopping, who do you notice? The polite, quiet kids, or the group of little hoodlums getting in everyones way and generally being obnoxious?

It may not accurately portray the youth as a whole, but it's the arseholes that leave the lasting impression.

Quote by mt-ed
That made me laugh... 21 and talking about younger people.. rolflmao...
There's me thinking, i'm 49 and the only thing I would be jealous of younger people is that they are going to do all the sh't I used to do.
You know what, if I had my time again, I would do it all twice as hard and more often.
I still don't feel any different now to over 35 yrs ago, I just have more money and sense now.
Keep It Real and live life.

Use of roflmao and other "txt spk" in previous threads: Confirmed bolded for bullshit.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last edited by metacarpi at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by mt-ed
That made me laugh... 21 and talking about younger people.. rolflmao...There's me thinking, i'm 49

Quote by metacarpi
I could argue that you're dismissing older people as judgemental and bitter, but I won't go down that road.Basically, stereotypes exist for a reason. Unfortunately, when wandering around town on a Saturday afternoon doing a bit of shopping, who do you notice? The polite, quiet kids, or the group of little hoodlums getting in everyones way and generally being obnoxious?

It may not accurately portray the youth as a whole, but it's the arseholes that leave the lasting impression.

I said "many older people", not "all older people".
Quote by MiserySignals11
Because older people are nothing like that at all...

Lower proportion
That's what happens when you get old. You don't get jealous, you just get that bitter "what the hell's wrong with kids these days" mentality. I'm only 29 and I'm already in that phase lol damn kids.
Eh, sometimes I get envious of other people, such as my friends who are graduating college and starting graduate degrees, but then I try to reflect on how much I've accomplished in other areas and makes me feel better.
My God, it's full of stars!
Im 20, but i kinda wish i was like 14 again. It was all so carefree, and if i retained some knowledge i accuired in the last 6 years, i would probably get laid sooner Altough being a legal adoult has more than a few advantages as well :P
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
As a 23 year old, I'm still young, but I still know some 17-23 year olds.

That said, 17 and 18 year olds are morons. As I was, when I was that age.

I'll probably find 23 year olds dumb when I'm 25 too, and so on, and so on.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Yes, because when I walk through a mall or toy aisle in a store, their toys have gotten so much more bitchin'. Not to mention that kids get to ride around in these when they go to the store:

Quote by Cap'n Braid
As a 23 year old, I'm still young, but I still know some 17-23 year olds.

That said, 17 and 18 year olds are morons. As I was, when I was that age.

I'll probably find 23 year olds dumb when I'm 25 too, and so on, and so on.

That's what I'm saying. Don't stereotype. I'm 21 and I know there are some very intelligent 17 and 18 year olds. You don't know about them because they never go to the places where the other kids their age goes to. They are probably sitting in a library or in their rooms studying and reading.
I ain't jealous at all. I couldn't be more glad I ain't a teen anymore.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2