hi,new to this i,m a fifty something who wants to take up the guitar again after a long,long time,i,v narrowed my choice to either an epihone prophecy gx or the epi les paul tribute plus.Help,and please don,t suggest an alternative or my brain will disintegrate,any views would be helpful,cheers
Are you looking for a dedicated metal / hard rock guitar? That's the Prophecy. It's pickups are specifically designed for heavier music. They will distort sooner and are really intended for high-gain music.

For any other types of music I'd say the Tribute Plus HANDS DOWN. It has Gibson USA '57 Classic pickups that should sound great for most styles of playing (jazz, blues, classic rock, alternative, rock, etc). If you want the classic Les Paul sound this is it...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
What genre do you play? What other gear do you have?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
What genre do you play? What other gear do you have?

i have an ibanez arx 320 nice guitar but want to up grade also marshall 100dfx,like blues and rock
Quote by 57Goldtop
Are you looking for a dedicated metal / hard rock guitar? That's the Prophecy. It's pickups are specifically designed for heavier music. They will distort sooner and are really intended for high-gain music.

For any other types of music I'd say the Tribute Plus HANDS DOWN. It has Gibson USA '57 Classic pickups that should sound great for most styles of playing (jazz, blues, classic rock, alternative, rock, etc). If you want the classic Les Paul sound this is it...

thanks i seem to be getting a nudge in the right direction
Quote by Spud Spudly
The Tribute Plus looks awesome.

yeah,it does look great black cherry is the one i would prefer
Me too. Black cherry all the way. And with those Gibson 57 pickups and Grover locking tuners and coil tapping and the case that it comes with, seems like a no-brainer decision to me. I want one now.
I suggest an alternative.

Or the Tribute Plus. Anything gx or arx by ibanez isn't going to be the greatest guitar.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬