Anyone got recommendations for a decent LOW COST attenuator for blues Junior. Been lookin at the Weber MiniMass.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
try looking on craigslist for them, I got my marshall power brake for 150. I love it. That aside, mini mass should do the trick, THD Hot Plates are another good one but they tend to be more expensive.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
What? You need to attenuate your 15 watt tube amp? You need a new place to live.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
What? You need to attenuate your 15 watt tube amp? You need a new place to live.

Gotta agree with this...That amp sounds really good at bedroom volumes anyway.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
yea man those amps can get pretty quiet and still sound great. I'm really sorry you still need an attenuator for it
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Gotta agree with this...That amp sounds really good at bedroom volumes anyway.

Ya that's my main amp... I play at just above TV volumes all the time and it sounds great, I can even get a little breakup if I dial it in right. If you can't play at that volume in your apartment then something is wrong.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
the fender blues junior sounds great at bedroom volumes, there's no reason to use an attenuator with it - just use the master volume control in conjunction with the gain control. want overdrive? more gain, less volume. want clean? less gain, more volume.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
ahhh... so I don't need to blast it then? I have a couple older tube amps (1963 Acetone and a Valve Junior combo) but you really need to crank em up to get any real breakup.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
ahhh... so I don't need to blast it then? I have a couple older tube amps (1963 Acetone and a Valve Junior combo) but you really need to crank em up to get any real breakup.

Learn to use the knobs. Then come back to us when you feel that it's not working out.
nice one buddy - but I haven't got it yet.
Well then this thread is kind of pointless then isn't it?

You don't have the amp yet and you are already asking which attenuator to get for an amp that you don't know needs it?
Crank Volume - Turn Down Master.

Insta-Breakup Recipe.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Crank Volume - Turn Down Master.

Insta-Breakup Recipe.

Insta-yucky recipe on a Blues Junior. Crank Master, turn down volume.

Eh, who am I kidding... I crank both.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Sputnik1
Well then this thread is kind of pointless then isn't it?

You don't have the amp yet and you are already asking which attenuator to get for an amp that you don't know needs it?

what is it with you - Hemorrhoids? Fat? Zits? I asked a simple question. I googled, watched youtube videos and still couldn't tell if low volume would work (it doesn't on a whole lot of tube amps) - when I want something outta you son I'll squeeze yer neck.
Last edited by strangedogs at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by strangedogs
what is it with you - Hemorrhoids? Fat? Zits? I asked a simple question. I googled, watched youtube videos and still couldn't tell if low volume would work (it doesn't on a whole lot of tube amps) - when I want something outta you son I'll squeeze yer neck.

Wow...that got real violent real quick.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by strangedogs

Relax a little dude... Think about it; you said 'what are some good attenuators I can use' not 'do I need an attenuator.' He's not just being an ass, he's making a good point... Just being an ass while doing it.

Learn to ask the right questions and the answers will come.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by strangedogs

Reported for unnecessary attack

And how old are you, son? I'm sorry you feel the need to get perturbed over the smallest statement. It's not my fault that it was true.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by strangedogs
Anyone got recommendations for a decent LOW COST attenuator for blues Junior. Been lookin at the Weber MiniMass.

I mean come on... This post is pretty ridiculous when put in the context that you've never played the amp before.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i think you all need to chill out.

imo, sputnik got a little nasty for no reason.

he was asking a simple question, got an answer.
end thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i think you all need to chill out.

imo, sputnik got a little nasty for no reason.

he was asking a simple question, got an answer.
end thread.

I got nasty? You guys are a little sensitive then if anything I said was "nasty".
Quote by Sputnik1
I got nasty? You guys are a little sensitive then if anything I said was "nasty".

ok,
but i feel like this has happened before.
guess it's all me.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
ok,
but i feel like this has happened before.
guess it's all me.

I know for sure that others have gotten angry over something I have posted. Not my fault that they get that way.
It probably is your fault, actually. It's not exactly fair or smart to declare yourself the arbiter of whether things you say are offensive.