Right ok heres the story.

So I've been asking my parents for a Peavey 6505 112 amp for christmas but my dad is now coming back to me saying its a lot of money to spend if your only using it in your room blah blah blah stuff like that so he's told me I need an alternative, so with the fact that I know I'm getting an iMac I thought about recording interfaces and stuff. But when asking what my budget is he just said, just give me an idea of what it would cost -_- so I would like a recording interface but I'm sorry for the lack of budget information, I would say just recommend what you think I should get as I'll be recording guitar either through amp mic or straight through the interface and try not too go too expensive please.

Oh and also I've looked at something like a Line 6 POD http://www.gak.co.uk/en/line-6-pod-2.0/23463 I mean I've seen videos where people use them but I don't know whether it's worth it or not?

Sorry for the lack of budget but I really need your help guys
Thanks
As a Mac User too I recommend either an inexpensive Line 6 GX1 (works great) or for a couple bucks more a Focusrite Sapphire 6 (works even better). I own both and the Mac Drivers work slick and the Line 6 comes with PodFarm Software (Amps, effects, etc). Use Reaper or Garageband and there's plenty of good free Amp Sims (Google "LePou" for one) and you can use LA Convolver for loading the cab impulses. If all this seems bizarre just let us know - it's not hard really. LePou's Heads are just the head - LA Convolver loads after the head in your DAW (Reaper, GB, etc.) and you load speaker "impulses" into it. I can link you to loads of impulses if need be. I recommend guitarampmodeling.com for lotsa free downloads, instructions, impulse downloads, etc. Great site to learn everything you'll need to learn (if you don't already know it).
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Right thanks very much there, I might just go with the sapphire actually, and well all what you said seems bizarre to me now but if I get the interface I will definitely be asking you for help but yea again thanks for the reply

I can second the Focusrites. Amazing products. If it's just a bedroom thing, the Pods have USB connectivity so you could just go straight in to your DAW
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com