Im going to be selling my Boss ME-50 and with high hopes of getting about £120 for it if i polish it up ill be buying a new multi-fx pedal. I looked at the Line 6 pod II and XT. They looked good, but id probably be buying the fb4 pedal for one if i got it. Thats all ive really looked at being honest. I play alot of Metalcore, Djent, Prog-Metal, Classic rock, and clean stuff. I currently use a Line-6 spider iv 30 which is pretty crap and a Fender blacktop strat HH. Will i get the suitable sounds from these processors and Are they worth it? ill probably be buying on ebay so i can get the most for my money. Open to suggestions. Not going to save up, because everything i ever spend at birthdays and christmas is on guitar stuff, so im having a break this christmas. so yes. help me please.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Save the money for a new amp. No reason to run a good processor through the spider.
Quote by Sputnik1
Save the money for a new amp. No reason to run a good processor through the spider.

i was planning on it, but im going to wait until next year. ill be running it through the clean channel for now
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by Sputnik1

^that.
I have spider myself and running multi-efect through it sounds just horrible. It just completely ruins the sound of the FX (it gets bit better when you use line-in instead of clean channel, but it's still pretty horrible). I also have microcube rx and that sounds incomparably better.
Quote by leigh596
i was planning on it, but im going to wait until next year. ill be running it through the clean channel for now

You could just plug headphones into the Mfx pedal and play like that. It's what I do at night when everyone's sleeping.

The Zoom G3 is probably the best Mfx pedal you'll get for that price (exactly that price actually) and it competes with Mfx pedals like line 6 pod hd and boss me-70 even though they're about £100 more. Great value for money, extremely easy to use and more stomp box effects than any other Mfx mentioned. Only problem is there is no expression pedal.
Are there speakers i could run my Pod into or something? that would be better than my spider i think, and i could sell it off as well.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You can run the pod into your computer if you've got external speakers or whatever.

What most do is plug the POD into the computer and run it through studio monitors.
im thinking on buying studio monitors, and a zoom g3
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
im thinking on buying studio monitors, and a zoom g3

Best idea in my opinion. I'd go for it.
Quote by itamar100
You could just plug headphones into the Mfx pedal and play like that. It's what I do at night when everyone's sleeping.

The Zoom G3 is probably the best Mfx pedal you'll get for that price (exactly that price actually) and it competes with Mfx pedals like line 6 pod hd and boss me-70 even though they're about £100 more. Great value for money, extremely easy to use and more stomp box effects than any other Mfx mentioned. Only problem is there is no expression pedal.

+1. The G3 is a really nice pedal, in fact the ONLY zoom on sale right now that I find good.

Quote by leigh596
Are there speakers i could run my Pod into or something? that would be better than my spider i think, and i could sell it off as well.

PC speakers, home stereo, keyboard amp. Anything that sounds flat and sterile.

I would say rack poweramp and cab, or studio monitors, but I guess those are a bit too pricey for you.....
You coils always run the unit into the aux input on your spider so it bypasses the preamp.

The one bad thing about the g3 is that you can only use three to four effects at a time, which is why I'm probably getting an rp500.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
ive never really liked digitech. i had an rp55 a while ago and it was kinda crappy. the rp500 is a bit much aswell, the g3 is only 150
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700