basicly the title. could a multi fx like a zoom g3 or a pod xt be run guitar > pedal > cab ?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Nope, you need an amp between the G3 and the cab. Even a cheap stereo receiver will work.
No you need a poweramp...
This question is coming up too much

Powered monitors are an option since they have a poweramp built in but not technically a cab.
im going to have about £100-£150 to make this happen. ill be getting a zoom g3 and i need something to amplify the sound like speakers or something since my amp will make it sounds terrible
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
deja vu

If you buy some Digitech or Line 6 MFX, they have XLR outs that can go straight to the house PA. With the Zoom you'd need a DI Box to do that.

If you already have a cab, then you just need something to get the power up; Electroharmonix makes pedal sized amps for this purpose. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/22Caliber or http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/44Magnum/

If not, then here's an affordable powered speaker:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/kustom-kpc15mp-15-powered-monitor-speaker

Great thing about this is you can use it as a stage monitor later on after you get a good amp someday.
so i couldnt do zoom to speaker? i dont have a cab right now.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by jetwash69
If you buy some Digitech or Line 6 MFX, they have XLR outs that can go straight to the house PA. With the Zoom you'd need a DI Box to do that.
Untrue. The Zoom is no different than the Digitech or Line 6 wrt needing a DI box.
Jesus H.... I swear this is the fourth time this same question has been asked in like 2 weeks. Need to add this to the stickies... actually this probably IS covered by the stickies.

READ THE STICKIES!!!
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Ian_the_fox

I've heard those can be expensive to keep up... They go through a lot of lightbulbs when used heavily.

(You'll never live that thread down now.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I've heard those can be expensive to keep up... They go through a lot of lightbulbs when used heavily.

(You'll never live that thread down now.)
Fuck.
Quote by fly135
Untrue. The Zoom is no different than the Digitech or Line 6 wrt needing a DI box.

Sorry, folks. That's right. I didn't notice the "G3"; I thought we were talking about other Zooms. The Zoom G3 does have XLR out.

Also, it's true that you might not need a DI box with MFXs without XLR outputs to go to the house PA, but it depends. If you're playing a large enough venue with an XLR snake to the mixing board, then it'd be tricky to get to the board without a DI box. If you used a long TR cable you'll probably have noise issues. That's why they use XLR--to cut down on noise with a long cable run.
im not going to be playing live venues. this will be for jamming and bedroom use.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
im not going to be playing live venues. this will be for jamming and bedroom use.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Are you jamming with acoustic drummers? If not, then why not get this?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PigNose/

90% of the time I play on these:
RP-355

VOX DA5 (.5, 1, or 5 watt w/wall wart or batteries)
(Invalid img)
It's even loud enough to be heard over drums, but the volume rarely goes over 2.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Dec 2, 2011,