Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
J. Mascis? As in THE J. Mascis? Dinosaur Jr.'s J. Mascis? That BEAUTIFUL man!

I would go for the Squier. But only because It's named after J.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I f***in love Jazzmasters. Do you need the humbucker? If having that versatility and the fender logo are important, go blacktop. If you want to save some money and want the more classic sound, go squier. If you save up, you can get a mexican classic player- has p90 style magnets for tonal win. More expensive, but best of both worlds IMO.
Dude, where's my band?
i would love to get the classic player, but its way too expensive for me. I also ****ing love jazzmasters and i terribly need one, just dont know which one to get :S i play mostly shoegaze kinda stuff
Quote by Andalus
And again, in English?

in which language should it be?
Do you want a humbucker or do you want extra controls? As far as I can see, that's pretty much what it comes down to.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I would recommend the squier then. The blacktop is a bit like a jazzmaster for people who don't really like jazzmasters, just the shape. Haven't tried the squier, but I seen a jaguar from the same series which was damn tasty.
Dude, where's my band?
lets hrow one more in here, what do you think about the fender modern player marauder
Yeah, it has two humbuckers. Its pretty much the same thing, because the J mascis is based on the Jazzmaster from that series. Technically not, though. You got me.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by jdf94
lets hrow one more in here, what do you think about the fender modern player marauder

I want one soooo badly. Haven't tried one though, so no idea if I'll like it. Worth a try, because lake placid blue is a great colour.

IMO the marauder will be worth a bit soon when fender discontinue it, being the only reissue ever.
Dude, where's my band?
i actually done some research on the marauder and it kinda disapoints me. the triple humbucker doesnt really fascinate me nor the controls, just doesnt seem like a very original guitar... i am saying this but i will probably end up owning one xD
I remember reading that J Mascis wanted the squier sig because he liked the other squier jazzmaster at one of the NAMM shows. The triple humbucker is a joke, like the ibanez iceman- doesn't do anything special, right? I think the jazzmaster looks cooler than the marauder. Just wish they made a blue jazzmaster that isn't really expensive. Anyway, good luck.
Dude, where's my band?
Last edited by TomMon at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by jdf94
i actually done some research on the marauder and it kinda disapoints me. the triple humbucker doesnt really fascinate me nor the controls, just doesnt seem like a very original guitar... i am saying this but i will probably end up owning one xD

Just wait until you hear/see one in person.

Online, it looks awkward and strange. In person however, it sounds brilliant and looks nothing of the awkward bastard that Fender spat out.

Give it a go.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My Gear;
1962 Gretsch Tennessee Rose w/ Hilo trons
1985 Fender Stratocaster MIJ
VOX AC30

Vox Wah
Marshal Echohead 2