So yeah I know there is an Axe FX thread, but i couldnt find it so here it is.

I heard that you can have 2 guitarists, 2 guitar cabs, 1 Power amp and 1 Axe FX for live situations. Is this acccurate?

If so can each user use his/her own patch?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
you would have to make a patch running 2 different setups and have the panned to the left and right. then i guess you would plug into the front with a stereo cable split into 2 cables for each guitar. then the left output would go to one channel of the power amp and the right would go to the other. The only problem is you would be sharing one patch so there would only be one foot controller and you would both have to change patches every time oen of you wanted to change

edit: I'm not sure if the stereo cable into the input would actually work so don't take my word for it lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
you would have to make a patch running 2 different setups and have the panned to the left and right. then i guess you would plug into the front with a stereo cable split into 2 cables for each guitar. then the left output would go to one channel of the power amp and the right would go to the other. The only problem is you would be sharing one patch so there would only be one foot controller and you would both have to change patches every time oen of you wanted to change

sounds more of a pain in the ass than anything. my logic was this. Search endlessly buying and selling, trading and moaning for 2 great tones that mesh well. Or get an axe fx lol...

Ill check out the link thank you
well your logic is correct except the end. you have to change it to get TWO axe fxs lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ABY box
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
id imagine it wouldnt be a very good idea anyway, any slight tuning differences will be obvious if the same melody is being played in a live situation
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
There is additional input plugs in the back,
I saw a video of a guy who ran his guitar with a piezo in 2 separate inputs, normal pickups in the front and piezo in the back. Just look for it, it's definitely possible.

^^ That has nothing to do with what he is asking.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Nov 29, 2011,
I just read it on a forum post. Wish I could find the link to share.

Some guy said He used 1 Axe FX for 2 guitarsists. Oh well, the search goes on...