Hey, I'm looking for a decent quality 2x12 Speaker Cab that I can order online, preferably through www.zzounds.com

I play mostly metal, although I also play blues, classic rock, classical, hard rock, and jsut about everything else. The tone I'm most concerned about having is my metal tone, though. I'm in a band that is very similar to Lazarus A.D., but also sounds similar to bands such as: Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Slayer, Clutch, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden. We have a very Groove Metal/Thrash Metal sound, but with some Classic Metal elements in there too.

Some of my major personal guitar influences would be; Zakk Wylde, Mark Morton, Slash, Alexi Laiho, John Petrucci, Kerry King, James Hetfield, and Adam Dutkiewicz, to name a few.

My budget is pretty flexible if it's through zzounds because of their payment plan.

For comparison, I want to order a 2x12 custom from WhiteBox with a Celestion V30 and G12k-100. Other specs: Mono Jackplate and 8ohms. In terms of appearance, all black with a Metal Grille, but this is really my last concern.

Thanks for you help

EDIT: Since I apparently decided that the amp I'm using is unimportant, I'll add that now and the guitar I'm using...

I'll be running a Jet City JCA100HDM through this, and my guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and AlNiCo II Pro in the bridge and neck respectively.
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by Ghold125
What head are you going to be running through it?

Wow...how in the HELL did I leave that out...

JCA100HDM

My guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and AlNiCo II Pro in the bridge and neck respectively.

I'll edit this into the OP
I found this, but I have no experience with these speakers. Anyone know if they're any good? I've read some reviews, but you never know if those people have any clue of what they're talking about.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--RANRT212RC

I should also mention that I'll probably upgrade the speakers later to the combo I want. I'm just in a fix for money in time for a few gigs my band is playing, and I have to buy the head and cab before I'll be getting a decent paycheck. That's the reason for going with zzounds, because they offer payments. I think I'll probably stick with this for my 2x12 and then order a custom 4x12 later on when I get adventurous for how much shit I can pack in my car for gigs. xD
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Nov 29, 2011,
Quote by Ghold125
Alright, didn't want to see if it was an amp with a beefy lowend.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--GEZGFLEX Is what I use and sounds pretty good with my Blackheart, and no complaints.

Actually, the JCA100HDM does get pretty beefy in the low end according to FastRedPonyCar on Youtube. With the addition of a depth knob, which apparently adds lower mids and low end, it gets really bassy without any help. I'm not really a fan of super bassy stuff, plus that actually costs more than the custom cab I wanted, so I'm not sure it's really what I want.
From what I hear, the Celestion Rocket 50's are your basic speaker. Nothing special, but not terrible. The only complaint I've really heard is that they lack Low End, but I have no personal experience with them. I would say as a temporary speaker until you can get something better, they would probably work, but they aren't something I would want to use forever.
I'd go for the Orange PPC 2x12 or the PRS Big Mouth 2x12 cab. I have bought lots of stuff from zzounds and AMS.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by comet824
From what I hear, the Celestion Rocket 50's are your basic speaker. Nothing special, but not terrible. The only complaint I've really heard is that they lack Low End, but I have no personal experience with them. I would say as a temporary speaker until you can get something better, they would probably work, but they aren't something I would want to use forever.

That's what I plan on doing with that cab is just using it as is until I can put some better speakers in it, namely a V30 and G12K-100. I can deal with mediocrity in speakers until then, considering I'm using an MG30 until I get my JCA100HDM and whatever cab ordered.

Quote by Robbgnarly
I'd go for the Orange PPC 2x12 or the PRS Big Mouth 2x12 cab. I have bought lots of stuff from zzounds and AMS.

Those are both a bit expensive. I don't really want to spend more than $500 since that's what my custom cab would have cost, but I guess I didn't really stress that in the OP. I've also heard that Orange Cabs are kinda Dark sounding, and I'm into more of a bright sound.