It's an Ibanez RG370dxgp2 that I haven't played in probably at least a year. I have a Jeff loomis signature guitar now which is all that I play. A kid at my school is offering $300 for it, and I bought it for $450 new.

I would probably use the money towards a nice new tv/monitor to use as a display for the gaming computer I'm building soon. I feel like if I sold it I wouldn't feel as dedicated to music as I feel I should be... Then again I really have all the main music gear I want, aside from expensive mesa boogie amps that I have no use for.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
its your call but my rule is if i sell any one of my instruments it goes toward new music equipment. because I Guarantee there will be something for guitar you want.
yeah, you might regret selling it depending on how long you had it and how much you like the guitar. i regret selling my first guitar. Plus in 5 years your old guitar will still be awesome and the TV you buy will be junk.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
ya plus there's nothing quite like playing the guitar in 5 years that got you started its a cool feeling
I don't sell stuff. If I am going to need to sell it in the future to afford something else then I don't buy it.
It's technically not my first guitar but it is my first decent guitar. I like my Loomis way more which is why I never play the Ibanez.
Guitars:
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string
Ibanez RG370DXGP2
Some cheap Cort Acoustic

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Effects:
Line 6 Pod HD500

Keyboard/Piano:
Yamaha YDP161 Arius Digital Piano
If you never play the Ibanez... then why keep it? Personally I'd sell it to fund some new music gear. You could sell both your amps and the Ibanez and get a baller tube amp of some kind, in the used market of course.

Downsizing and upgrading in the same stroke.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
If you never play the Ibanez... then why keep it? Personally I'd sell it to fund some new music gear. You could sell both your amps and the Ibanez and get a baller tube amp of some kind, in the used market of course.

Downsizing and upgrading in the same stroke.

+1.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
theres really nothing special about it.. a run of the mill rg.. wasnt your first.. id sell it for that
After thinking about it you could afford a DC-3 or a Studio .22 among many other lower profile Mesa amps if you sold both your amps and the Ibby. That'll get you pretty damn close to the "expensive Mesa Boogies amps you have no use for"
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
i am with the guy above that gear related sales = $ for new gear and nothing else.

i also think that selling it would put you in the best situation, having a single electric with no backup guitar?

you wouldn't have an extra guitar if somebody wanted to come over and jam. that kind of stuff, plus if you start playing anywhere you need a back up. and if the loomis is 7 string or ERG (IIRC) so it would be nice to have a standard tuned guitar for different things.

your assets, your choice, your money. my $.02.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by zenbone
yeah, you might regret selling it depending on how long you had it and how much you like the guitar. i regret selling my first guitar. Plus in 5 years your old guitar will still be awesome and the TV you buy will be junk.

This most definitely. Age is good for guitars anyway.
Quote by AWACS
+1.

+2

Quote by Flux'D
After thinking about it you could afford a DC-3 or a Studio .22 among many other lower profile Mesa amps if you sold both your amps and the Ibby. That'll get you pretty damn close to the "expensive Mesa Boogies amps you have no use for"

+1 to that too. As for price, $300.00 is a good deal, if the guitar holds no great value to you, sell it. And sell your cheaper amps and that guitar, scrape a few more $$$'s and get w/e amp you GAS for.
It also depends on if you plan on joining or are already in a band. As a rule if you play out anywhere you should always have a backup guitar.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback