Hey UG.

So. I needs me a distortion pedal. I gots me a boss metalzone and.... well... nuff said.

I need a distortion pedal that can get very heavy (if it can also go light into like a blues rock, that's a plus, but not a requirement). Death metal heavy. Rawr.

Budget, no more than $150, ~$100 preferred.

Please, and thank you! (And please don't bash my metalzone. I know it's not the best. But it was my first distortion pedal, and it ran its course well, thank you )
We need a list of your current gear.

Until then, Klon
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
My apologies.

An old school Fender Champ Amp (70's), soon to be replaced by a Peavey Valveking 112 (don't bash gear either, please...), played from a Jackson JS32R Dinky.
Why are you so worried about people bashing your gear. It's all about opinions, you don't have to listen to them.

Replace the speaker and tubes in your Peavey, do teh dumby jack mod, and get a bad monkey.

And sell the MT-2 if you haven't already. Something tells me you didn't list your full gear, otherwise the metal zone would have been listed.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by jeleopard
My apologies.

An old school Fender Champ Amp (70's), soon to be replaced by a Peavey Valveking 112 (don't bash gear either, please...), played from a Jackson JS32R Dinky.

still, Klon.
mojostompboxes.com
Oh. Well, that's my full gear minus the MT2, which I just assumed you'd add to the list. :P

Jackson into the MT2 into the Fender Champ Amp. That's it. o.O
Last edited by jeleopard at Nov 29, 2011,
Anything but the MT-2 please, I don't know why people go straight to that when they think they need a distortion pedal.
Klon.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I know you said your budget was $150, but for $180 you can get the Greenhouse Effects Nobrainer. Look up some youtube demos, it is bar none the best distortion box I've ever heard.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
I have a blackstar ht-dual I am selling for $170 shipped. Its a little more expensive than what you are looking for but its a distortion and overdrive in one pedal and it sounds amazing.
you won't need a pedal to do the lighter stuff with the valveking the amp will take care of that. you also might want to explore the amps distortion before you worry about getting a distortion pedal. i use a VK and have a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive for the heavier sounds. it has a mod switch that takes it from a regular tubescreamer style sound to a higher gain sound. i don't play death metal so not sure how good it will be for that but it does a good metal sound.
Okay guys, I don't know what klon means. So, either tell me, or stop posting.

And yes, in America. ('muricuh!)
The klon is an over hyped pedal that really is only good for a boost. The price($1000ish used) may be a turn off for some but its the god of pedals.
Seriously though, i think a barberdirty bomb might do it for you
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by championguitar
The klon is an over hyped pedal that really is only good for a boost. The price($1000ish used) may be a turn off for some but its the god of pedals.
Seriously though, i think a barberdirty bomb might do it for you

Holy crap. 1000 for a pedal? Ummmmm..... Yea, after I get a Dual Rec :P
Quote by jeleopard
I need to get it first, Mr. Guitarbaddie.

Yeah, I know that

Not sure what that is about.

After you get your amp, I would do things in an order of OD pedal > Speaker > Tubes > other small mods. Then after that worry about guitar or other pedals.

Just trying to help you out.

Not too sure why people are suggesting a distortion pedal when the VK can do teh br00tz just fine when boosted.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Okay. Pardon the nooby question, I'm quite new at all this tech stuff, what exactly is an overdrive pedal/what does it do/all that good stuff?
Quote by jeleopard
Okay. Pardon the nooby question, I'm quite new at all this tech stuff, what exactly is an overdrive pedal/what does it do/all that good stuff?

an overdrive is designed to goose the front end of your amp (preamp) causing your amp to go into distortion. it is often used to up the gain on a distorted amp or if the level is set way up and the gain all the way (or close) down it gives you a little more volume when kicked on and changes the EQ some so your leads can be heard and cut through the mix (your bands sound). this is a really basic explanation. basically put its another form of distortion. when going this route you are using more of your amps natural distortion rather than relying on a pedal (ie distortion) for that sound. many prefer going the overdrive/amp route.
Mm. Coolio. So it's kinda sorta like having an amp's gain set lower and then you throw on the pedal and it turns the gain up with out you having to actually go over and turn it up (as an example)?

And is a tubescreamer an Overdrive pedal?
Jekyll and hyde ultimate overdrive. Its both a distortion and a od. it can get pretty brutal. Solid distortion with a decent tube screamer clone,. Its really really versitile so its not abad choice.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by jeleopard
Mm. Coolio. So it's kinda sorta like having an amp's gain set lower and then you throw on the pedal and it turns the gain up with out you having to actually go over and turn it up (as an example)?

And is a tubescreamer an Overdrive pedal?

well yes sorta. and the tubescreamer tends to be the overdrive that all others are compared to.

the overdrive does what it suggests it overdrives the guitar signal into the amp which causes distortion. you can also use it as a boost which just ups the volume some.
Quote by Vendetta V

that's the actual way to go, why buy cheap crap if you can jstu wait for a tiny bit more and save up for a great pedal right?

i noticed you forgot to list yours in the gear section of your profile i'm sure it was just an oversight. enough with the digitech thread now it's time for the klon thread
Quote by Vendetta V
^ oh cmon, my gear section is older than your granma...

if they were alive both of my grannies would be in their 90s. so stop being such a slacker and update that gear list. oh and pix of you and your klon.
Quote by jeleopard
No fighting in my thread D:

killjoy

no fights just some good hearted fun.