A friend of mine says he'll sell me his Yamaha RBX 375 for only $70. This IS a fantastic deal, right? Or is there something particularly not good with these basses?

Also, what are some ways that I can get $70?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Damn good bass to snag for $70, i'd do it if there aren't any major damages to the thing.
pinga
I've only seen it twice and last time I checked it didn't even have any paint missing.
Quote by Rawshik
I've only seen it twice and last time I checked it didn't even have any paint missing.

Paint is least of your worries. I'd check the hardware and electronics and stuff. It wouldn't be worth buying it if it looks nice but then you find out the pickups are dead or the neck is warped or something just horrible.

Although if I were you, i'd buy it and just get a really nice set up on it with fresh new strings and your personal string heights and stuff.
pinga
Alright I'll make sure to check it out. Only place we can meet is at school though so I'll have to try it in my pocket amp which is a guitar pocket amp. (I didn't pay for it so damaging the speaker isn't a HUGE deal to me) Will that suffice to tell if it's electronics are in order?