I'm looking at getting a Peavey Valveking combo and slowly modding it (The Crate V32 has been giving me issues, and it's going to cost more to fix it than the amp is worth). I've been looking through the Valveking wiki, and what I can't find a solid answer to (unless I missed it somewhere) is which to do first, replace the tubes or the speaker.

I also can't make heads or tails of the info on different tube/speaker options. I prefer a chimey, brighter sound in general, something like a mildly-overdriven Vox (Though I understand tubes and a speaker aren't going to perfectly nail that sound). Any ideas?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Speaker first. The thing in there is muddy as hell, but yeah, tubes should come after that. The other small stuff whenever.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
+1

The speaker should be the first to go. As far as chimey and bright - get a Tung Sol 12AX7 for your first (V1) preamp tube slot for now, they are like $12. After that, an EQ pedal in the FX loop and the remaining preamp tubes would be the next thing based on what you said. Worry about the power tubes later.

Look at www.warehouseguitarspeakers.com Veteran 30
For the speaker, I get amazing cleans with my Eminence Texas Heat and the bright switch turned on. Also, plug a 1/4 male to 1/8 female converter into input 1 and plug your guitar into input 2; I can't remember exactly what this does but it's inexpensive and it makes a world of difference.
Quote by Helicopters!
For the speaker, I get amazing cleans with my Eminence Texas Heat and the bright switch turned on. Also, plug a 1/4 male to 1/8 female converter into input 1 and plug your guitar into input 2; I can't remember exactly what this does but it's inexpensive and it makes a world of difference.

I believe it just tightens up the amp a bit.

You can also connect one of those short, angled patch cables made for pedals to the effects loop if you won't be using it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90