A----5-6-7---------------
E-5-8-------------------

E---------5-6-9-10
B----5-6-8-------
G-6-7-------------
D-----------------
A-----------------
E-----------------

I haven't picked a guitar up in years and I remember those as scales. I know the second one is kind of broken but that's all I could remember. Also where can I find more information on scales specifically these two. Sorry if this is messy I did it from my phone.
This is such a headache for me as a beginner to learn all that "a minor", "scales", etc. No idea what that means. Any tips on the best way to start learning all that theory and not kill myself?

I hate learning, just want to play, but a lot of lessons use those "codenames", and then I just don't know what to do with them!
Quote by Powka
This is such a headache for me as a beginner to learn all that "a minor", "scales", etc. No idea what that means. Any tips on the best way to start learning all that theory and not kill myself?

I hate learning, just want to play, but a lot of lessons use those "codenames", and then I just don't know what to do with them!

Sorry to break it to you, but you would highly benefit from learning those "codenames." And to be realistic, to play guitar well, you have to learn--what sounds good, how to move from position to position, what SCALE to use where, even.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
First scale is the A minor blues scale. The scale degrees (compared to the major scale) are 1 b3 4 b5 5 b7. The 2nd scale is D harmonic minor (if you start on the 2nd note [7th fret on g-string]) The scale degrees for harmonic minor are 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 and 7.

eteam_sammy4him is right. it just takes some time. there's some theory lessons on this site. check them out.
Quote by Jasonhabschubby
Also I had an account on here about 7 years ago. Is there a way to use it again?

UG doesn't have the ability to delete accounts, so it's probably still out there somewhere. If you can remember the username and password, you should be able to just log straight into it.

As for your main question, like the other guys said: if you want to improve you have to actually learn things, not just write off important theory as codenames which are there to throw you off track.

If you're struggling, take it slowly.

If you're trying to teach yourself from books etc and that isn't working, find a teacher.

Work at your own pace and don't feel pressured into feeling like you should know everything immediately, but remember that it is a lot of work and although it can be the least fun part of learning, it can also be the most rewarding in the long run.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Powka
Also where can I find more information on scales

Quote by Powka

Sorry, but what exactly did you intend to do with the answer to your question? You ask what scales they are and perhaps some information about those scales. But then with the most basic of information about the scales, for instance the name of the scales, you say you don't know anything about these 'codenames'. I really don't get what you thought you would get out of this thread this way...

My advice, start here: musictheory.net , and work your way through the lessons.
Make sure you understand, practice and apply (in that order) everything in a chapter before moving on to the next one. Remember, these are basic building blocks you're working with, you don't want to have shaky/missing foundations, it will only make your progress slower.

Remember, you can (and should!) take theory study at your own pace. Really make sure you apply the material too. Otherwise theory will remain an abstract thing, and you gain nothing from it.