Hi guys Im in the market for a new guitar. I have had my current ec50 for a long time now and its time to upgrade. I was looking at an Ibanez RGA32TYF or an Ibanez RGA42fm. I am at an intermediate standard of skill and I play and write original material heavily influenced by Oceano, Thy Art Is Murder, Molotov Solution, The Red Shore etc. Drop A is what i will always be playing in and its going to be played through a Marshall Valvestate head, MC412B cab, Korg AX3g toneworks and Boss noise suppressor.

Also suggestions on a new valve head that isnt going to break the bank will be certainly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Gear
Legend shitocaster
Sevilla C120 classical accoustic
ESP LTD ec50
Marshall AVT50 head
Marshall MC4x12 cab
Korg AX3G Toneworks
Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor
where are you located
how much $$$ is breaking the bank
do you like the general voicing of the Marshall now (meaning brit) or more american (fender some peavey and mesa)?
willing to buy used
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Im in south australia. Im looking at around 700-1000 for the guitar and the same for a new head. I am willing to buy used providing it is in immaculate condition.

As far as the general voicing its ok but yea I guess I havnt had really any other experience in playing through other american amps. One of my mates said something about a bugera 6262? I wasnt listening properly haha.
Gear
Legend shitocaster
ESP LTD ec50
Marshall AVT50 head
Marshall MC4x12 cab
Korg AX3G Toneworks
Quote by ec50playa
Im in south australia. Im looking at around 700-1000 for the guitar and the same for a new head. I am willing to buy used providing it is in immaculate condition.

As far as the general voicing its ok but yea I guess I havnt had really any other experience in playing through other american amps. One of my mates said something about a bugera 6262? I wasnt listening properly haha.

i dont like the bugeras. they are cheap yes, but the first few batches of them started smoking and on fire. they claim they got that fixed, but i wouldn't take a gamble on one that has not been fixed.

there was another bugera v. peavey post on there the other day and somebody summed it up pretty good.

that bugera will likely give you good service for a while, 10 years maybe, who knows?

but peavey will survive a nuclear holocaust .they will outlive and out preform the bugera.

both the Peavey 6505+ and the Bugera 6262 (bugera coppied the peavey) have a ton of gain so thats not a worry, but they are one trick ponys.

i know a lot of gear is priced differently for you and for me in the US, a Jet City may be a good option for you to have, if they are available. Peavey XXX/JSX/3120 are pretty nice too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
If the bugera will last 10 years that is good enough for me. As far as a one trick pony I am guessing you mean that they will only perform this kind of music that I want to play and they will suck at anything else? If that is the case I can keep this marshall I have but to be honest all I play is deathcore/deathmetal so that doesnt really bother me. I will more than likely upgrade within ten years to something rediculous.

Now, as far as guitars go. Any suggestions? im kinda lost and these Ibanez' seem really nice and at a good proce too. Is there anything else out there that will perform my duties well at a similar price or are these guitars the go?
Gear
Legend shitocaster
ESP LTD ec50
Marshall AVT50 head
Marshall MC4x12 cab
Korg AX3G Toneworks
Quote by ec50playa
If the bugera will last 10 years that is good enough for me. As far as a one trick pony I am guessing you mean that they will only perform this kind of music that I want to play and they will suck at anything else? If that is the case I can keep this marshall I have but to be honest all I play is deathcore/deathmetal so that doesnt really bother me. I will more than likely upgrade within ten years to something rediculous.

Now, as far as guitars go. Any suggestions? im kinda lost and these Ibanez' seem really nice and at a good proce too. Is there anything else out there that will perform my duties well at a similar price or are these guitars the go?

i personally would still go for the peavy. the 6505/6262 are high gain, and have poor cleans.

ibanez, Esp/Ltd, Jackson, Schecter.

dont go for a cheap guitar with a trem, cheap floyds are terrible, they have poor knife edges and wear and wont keep you in tune.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
yea i hate trems anyway. Cant stand them. Yea I was looking at some ltd's but i cant get any with active pickups for the same price as these Ibanez'. HOw much difference do avtives make? Also if im going to be having a bolt on neck, the thinner the better right?
Gear
Legend shitocaster
ESP LTD ec50
Marshall AVT50 head
Marshall MC4x12 cab
Korg AX3G Toneworks
Quote by ec50playa
yea i hate trems anyway. Cant stand them. Yea I was looking at some ltd's but i cant get any with active pickups for the same price as these Ibanez'. HOw much difference do avtives make? Also if im going to be having a bolt on neck, the thinner the better right?

go to a big music store and start playing everything you like. active pickups aren't always an answer. ibanezes have thinner necks, and it takes a little bit of getting used to. i dont know if Ibanez contours its neck to body. bolt on is not a bad thing though. not the thinner the better, its the what feels better in your hands better.

go play some guitars and amps and come back.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!