Poll Options
View poll results: I feel that...
They will go to War at some point.
48 24%
They won't go to War.
149 76%
Voters: 197.
Page 1 of 3
A lot of people seem to think that a War between the World's 2 Superpowers is very likely at some point in time.

Thoughts / opinions?
RIP Tom Searle.
No. America can't afford to do shit anymore.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
eventually yes they will
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail
me2 and everyone picks on me

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
I doubt it. Why would a war be necessary?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
They're way too reliant on each other nowadays. North Korea is the main threat now.
Member of the Laney Cult
My friend who works at can't-disclose-here-organization keeps telling me the US is going to war with China because it doesn't plan on paying the debt...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
we both have insane amounts of trade between each other. if we went to war and stopped trade, both of us would suffer.
i dont see us and china going to war. i find us staying in the middle east for 6+ years waaay more likely (and inevitable)
I foresee a Fallout-style war. Including the 50's music and atomic bombs and shit. I've already started to save up on bottle caps.
Quote by Xiaoxi
My friend who works at can't-disclose-here-organization keeps telling me the US is going to war with China because it doesn't plan on paying the debt...

Honestly, your friend probably doesn't know shit. Federal organizational employments usually mean shit all when it comes to international politics on this level, unless your friend is extremely high up in intelligence/rank heirarchy, which of course he isn't
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Honestly, your friend probably doesn't know shit. Federal organizational employments usually mean shit all when it comes to international politics on this level, unless your friend is extremely high up in intelligence/rank heirarchy, which of course he isn't

Yeah he's pretty low on the intelligence chain...in more ways than one...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
china is so mellow..those nice little people

pfft
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
Considering China seems to be intent on economic hegemony -- as opposed to military hegemony -- I would doubt it. Especially since their economic might is in part due to a largely American supported manufacturing sector.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
no, soon governments will realize that we are one global economy and war will be come obsolete. Shooting each other with little lead pellets will do nothing but hurt bottom line profits and that will not stand. The USA and China are going to be friends for a long time.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Doubt it. Too dependent on each other.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
They rely on us just as much as we rely on them. The idea that china is trying to destroy the USA is just a bunch of conspiracy theorist fear mongering.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
They rely on us just as much as we rely on them. The idea that china is trying to destroy the USA is just a bunch of conspiracy theorist fear mongering.

Don't be so sure. I've been wanting to go to war against you for a while now.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Ed Hunter
No. America can't afford to do shit anymore.

I agree no, but your reasoning is wrong. War is an incredible way to jumpstart an economy, actually. WWII can be praised for essentially ending the Great Depression, in fact.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Well, it's not that kind of times anymore, and it's not only up to them. They can't just "go to war", unless they want to battle the whole world. No one is going to support this kind of decision, and it wouldn't be beneficial to anyone except America, so no one is going to let it go to war. And if it did, rest of the population would go medieval on it's ass.

So no, no war any time soon for sure. Strongest countries in the world are doing just fine (except for USA) - China, Russia, etc - everyone is rising, even with the bad economy it's still better times for them now that it was before, so they would like to keep it this way.
Last edited by Powka at Nov 30, 2011,
its goin 2 happen
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail

Quote by itamar100

Quote by zenbone
no, soon governments will realize that we are one global economy and war will be come obsolete.

of course we are, but governments are too shortsighted and money hungry to stop going to war.
Quote by axethrower13
I agree no, but your reasoning is wrong. War is an incredible way to jumpstart an economy, actually. WWII can be praised for essentially ending the Great Depression, in fact.

I've always rejected that. In 1937 the GDP surpassed it's pre-Depression levels.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I've always rejected that. In 1937 the GDP surpassed it's pre-Depression levels.

While that may be true, ya gotta remember that the Great Depression wasn't isolated to America, the entire world felt it. You also can't argue that WWII didn't help America's situation. Sure, it may not have been the sole reason for the end of the Great Depression, but it definitely contributed.
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by axethrower13
While that may be true, ya gotta remember that the Great Depression wasn't isolated to America, the entire world felt it. You also can't argue that WWII didn't help America's situation. Sure, it may not have been the sole reason for the end of the Great Depression, but it definitely contributed.

Ah, fair point.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
China doesn't have a strong enough navy to fight us in a war. They'd have their asses handed to them.
Quote by scott john
China doesn't have a strong enough navy to fight us in a war. They'd have their asses handed to them.

They have enough money to buy it, and they will probably have Russia on their side too, while America couldn't afford fuel for it's own navy, so it would only be useful while standing still and waiting for China to come over.
Quote by Powka
They have enough money to buy it, and they will probably have Russia on their side too, while America couldn't afford fuel for it's own navy, so it would only be useful while standing still and waiting for China to come over.

>Nuclear powered aircraft carriers, destroyers and submarines
Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by Powka

You're might be a 'tard. America's economy still dwarfs anything China has going. California alone is a huge chunk of the world's economy. Where we go... they follow. There will be no war, but if there was China's would not stand a chance against our navy. As this is the key to winning a big time war. America hasn't unleashed it's full capabilities in 60+ years. Look what happened the last time we did.
^you are just... Poor.. In all respects.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
^you are just... Poor.. In all respects.

Such detailed analysis.
We can't afford to declare war on them, and they can't afford to declare war on us. We're their economy's biggest asset, we have billions in loans, and we buy a shit-ton of stuff from them on a daily basis. It's a mutual, if disgusting, relationship.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by scott john
You're might be a 'tard. America's economy still dwarfs anything China has going. California alone is a huge chunk of the world's economy. Where we go... they follow. There will be no war, but if there was China's would not stand a chance against our navy. As this is the key to winning a big time war. America hasn't unleashed it's full capabilities in 60+ years. Look what happened the last time we did.

If you would be interested in your economy at all, you would know that California is what drags the whole America down and will be the first state to fall down. That's your own American economists talking.

I was making a joke before, but I see you are going serious with this and that just puts a smile on my face. First of all, it's not navy - it's about who's against who. If you have Navy, and China has Russia on it's side, I don't think the Navy would matter. Personally, I think that would mean end of the world, that is why there's never going to be a war. Weapons are too powerful now, and Russia is on the top by nuclear warheads at the moment.

"America hasn't unleashed it's full capabilities in 60+ years. Look what happened the last time we did." - it's good that you stopped talking there. I'm not even going to address this, but I guess they ARE hiding a time machine or the whole package of super power weapons from Red Alert 2 arsenal.
Last edited by Powka at Nov 30, 2011,
^ LOL @ Red Alert 2 reference. Love that game. WHERE'S TANYA
My God, it's full of stars!
i love how some americans in here talk like china owes them something cause americans are buying shitty products from them

products they cant even really afford
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail

Quote by itamar100

Nope, however the US is gonna be at war with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine soon.

The US can't stand to just sit there while Israel gets all the action.

damn lebanese people...
China's army is a joke. Outdated and ill-equipped.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 3