So at the end of next month i have enough money to buy myself a nice new guitar, my budget will be roughly around 1500$. Now my first thought was, i'm gonna get an american special. My second thought was, why exactly? I guess because everywhere you look you see Fenders & Gibsons.

I play blues/rock/indie stuff, so i guess a "balls against the walls" metal guitar wouldn't fit the bill. What can you guys recommend me? My list of options at this moment is:

. American Standard
. PRS 25TH ANNIVERSARY SE CUSTOM
. Gretsch G5120

So what else would be a good buy for my playing style and budget? Or do you have an opinion on one of those guitars?
I would recommend also looking at a Telecaster, or a Hollow-body guitar. You can't really go wrong with a PRS as well.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
- ernie ball music man if you can get one used (definitely find them around 1500 used is great shape)
- Carvin: you can make the guitar exactly how you want it for 1500 with all bells and wistles
- G and L: i dont know how fender is still in business, G and L is the same thingbut 10x better

the new vox guitars are pretty cool as well
Honestly, that's about what I paid for my Carvin CT6M.
GREAT guitars, it's a custom shop so you not only get EXACTLY what you want, the quality is incredible for the price. Seriously, worth checking out!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
those american standards are really nice guitars! but i don't think you would do wrong with any on that list. My vote would be for the strat
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Yeah, look into music man. Their necks are so fast! You could get a nice used one for that price.
I have a Godin Icon Type 2. These guitars are an amazing value. Great for all styles of music. They are beautiful guitars and quality is second to none. Most places have them listed for 1,299 but on ebay you can get a brand new one for around 1,000. Honestly if this very same guitar had "Gibson" or "PRS" on the headstock it would sell for 2,500. As far as high end guitars go I don't think there is one that is better than another. People get caught up in names but Gibson, Fender, PRS, Music Man, Parker, Carvin, Godin are all amazing guitars, it just comes down to preference. With that said, I do not think the Godin is any better than a PRS, but I also don't think the PRS is better than the Godin, but value for the money the Godin is an easy win.
depends on what you play more of. if its blues then the strat if it's more the indie rock then i'd go with the gretsch (which will give you an interesting blues sound).
Quote by guitarguychris1
I have a Godin Icon Type 2. These guitars are an amazing value. Great for all styles of music. They are beautiful guitars and quality is second to none. Most places have them listed for 1,299 but on ebay you can get a brand new one for around 1,000. Honestly if this very same guitar had "Gibson" or "PRS" on the headstock it would sell for 2,500. As far as high end guitars go I don't think there is one that is better than another. People get caught up in names but Gibson, Fender, PRS, Music Man, Parker, Carvin, Godin are all amazing guitars, it just comes down to preference. With that said, I do not think the Godin is any better than a PRS, but I also don't think the PRS is better than the Godin, but value for the money the Godin is an easy win.

I have a Godin Velocity (basically a beautiful HSS Strat with flamed maple top, one piece maple neck) that I paid $700 CAD (taxes included! ) and it's amazing. I really can't believe Godins go for so cheap. Good for us, I guess!
Quote by <3beat
I have a Godin Velocity (basically a beautiful HSS Strat with flamed maple top, one piece maple neck) that I paid $700 CAD (taxes included! ) and it's amazing. I really can't believe Godins go for so cheap. Good for us, I guess!

Because they are not as well known as the big brands. Eventually people will realize how amazing these guitars are and I'm assuming prices will go up. So I'm glad I got mine before that happens