It's OK.

The production values are fine. There don't seem to be many leads in "Depth of Insanity." As such, I don't have much to say. The riff works. In "Long Time Passage," there's a little more distinction. The flourishes are clinically measured but well-executed. "Surrounding Me" treads along fine. The solo exhibits proficient tapping. Show some depth after that.

As a whole, I'd say there's a focus on the guitars and vocals. That makes the songs fine for radio singles, but it leaves the rhythm department behind.

"Depth of Insanity" would benefit from a stronger link between the guitar and drums in the bridge. That sustained note could also be drawn out more and with the rhythm section playing something (anything) behind it.

In "Surrounding Me," the line "intoxicate me" would be a great place for a sustained vocal. Give it a few bars. The guitar lines work but lack distinction. I'm also reminded of Pearl Jam's "Animal," but that might just be me.

My take? Everything sounds tight, which is important. The rhythm section's basic and could use some distinction. In general, the drums lack texture. The guitars exhibit skill but don't show much variety. Vocals? They're coming along well but need more time to mature. I'm a snob with lyrics, though, and unless the instrumentation occupies my mind elsewhere, the holes are obvious.

And that's that. It's much better than anything I've recorded, but it has its flaws. Since you asked about the guitar, I'd add technical variety and length to your leads. Be well.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by DanTheHobbit
It's OK.

The production values are fine. There don't seem to be many leads in "Depth of Insanity." As such, I don't have much to say. The riff works. In "Long Time Passage," there's a little more distinction. The flourishes are clinically measured but well-executed. "Surrounding Me" treads along fine. The solo exhibits proficient tapping. Show some depth after that.

As a whole, I'd say there's a focus on the guitars and vocals. That makes the songs fine for radio singles, but it leaves the rhythm department behind.

"Depth of Insanity" would benefit from a stronger link between the guitar and drums in the bridge. That sustained note could also be drawn out more and with the rhythm section playing something (anything) behind it.

In "Surrounding Me," the line "intoxicate me" would be a great place for a sustained vocal. Give it a few bars. The guitar lines work but lack distinction. I'm also reminded of Pearl Jam's "Animal," but that might just be me.

My take? Everything sounds tight, which is important. The rhythm section's basic and could use some distinction. In general, the drums lack texture. The guitars exhibit skill but don't show much variety. Vocals? They're coming along well but need more time to mature. I'm a snob with lyrics, though, and unless the instrumentation occupies my mind elsewhere, the holes are obvious.

And that's that. It's much better than anything I've recorded, but it has its flaws. Since you asked about the guitar, I'd add technical variety and length to your leads. Be well.

cheers man, yeah i see where you are coming from.

the drums are programmed by the guitarist so it's not actually what is being played when we practice, if/when we record real drums it might sound a bit better in the rhythm section.

but yeah thanks for input
Quote by DanTheHobbit
I think you should post this in the appropriate place!

just realised where i put this, sorry! :L
Ah, it was a drum machine. I suspected as much. Well, it's a demo. That can be forgiven. Good luck with it.
I am a fake mountain.