So I'm hoping to play alot of punk and I need that clunky sound but my distortion built into my amp is terrible so I was wondering what would be a good pedal and/or amp for playing songs from:

Blink-182
Green Day
Simple Plan
Fall-Out-Boy

My budget is quite low.

Thanks,
Quote by mulefish
How low is quite low?

+1.

I could also use the info on your guitars.

I use Peavey Valve King 212 which isn't the best really because it's distortion is really really dark so I use a BBE Crusher distortion along with it and it actually sounds quite nice.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
+1.

I could also use the info on your guitars.

I use Peavey Valve King 212 which isn't the best really because it's distortion is really really dark so I use a BBE Crusher distortion along with it and it actually sounds quite nice.

+2

Orange Tiny Terror? - Awesome

Also, the guy who ive quoted, your sig is brill. That has brightened my morning
I have a Stagg Standard S300 and a Stagg 10GA 10 Watt Guitar Amp.
Also my price range is anything under £100.
Last edited by UltimateRime at Nov 30, 2011,
Quote by UltimateRime
I have a Stagg Standard "T" Electric Guitar and a Stagg 10GA 10 Watt Guitar Amp.

Yeah but how much do you have to spend?
Quote by UltimateRime
Anything under £100.

£100. You wanting an amp?

I think youre gonna have to settle for a pedal or two for that price
Quote by LivinJoke84
£100. You wanting an amp?

I think youre gonna have to settle for a pedal or two for that price

What pedal would you suggest?
Quote by UltimateRime
What pedal would you suggest?

Well, i'll probably get shot down in flames for this but a Boss DS-1 might not be a bad start. Theyre about £45.

I used to have a Marshall MG15DFX and the distortion on that was awful. I put a DS-1 in front of it (my first ever fx pedal, like a lot of people) and it sounded quite listenable.

Just use it on the clean channel of your amp and it will sound much brighter than the muddy horrible sound you get on cheap amps a lot of the time. Plus its got a couple of knobs on it for the amount of distortion and the tone.

Boss pedals often get a bad rep cos theyre a major player in the fx market and hipster kittys like to have boutique pedals that no ones ever heard of. The fact is, theyre one of the market leaders for a reason.

Plus i think a DS-1 will work really well for the pop punk kinda sound youre after
Quote by LivinJoke84
Well, i'll probably get shot down in flames for this but a Boss DS-1 might not be a bad start. Theyre about £45.

I used to have a Marshall MG15DFX and the distortion on that was awful. I put a DS-1 in front of it (my first ever fx pedal, like a lot of people) and it sounded quite listenable.

Just use it on the clean channel of your amp and it will sound much brighter than the muddy horrible sound you get on cheap amps a lot of the time. Plus its got a couple of knobs on it for the amount of distortion and the tone.

Boss pedals often get a bad rep cos theyre a major player in the fx market and hipster kittys like to have boutique pedals that no ones ever heard of. The fact is, theyre one of the market leaders for a reason.

Plus i think a DS-1 will work really well for the pop punk kinda sound youre after

Okay, thanks for your help
Quote by Guitarbaddie
jesus no, just save your money kid

+1
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Peavy Vypr 15.

I agree with this. Vypyrs are great little amps for the money, very versatile.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Quote by Kelly55
anal is quite the experience
Quote by 3456yh
I agree with this. Vypyrs are great little amps for the money, very versatile.

I can say as an owner, I wouldn't bother unless it was an used Vypyr 30.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90