Hi Guys,

So I'm eyeing up a MIJ Fender '62 Re-Issue Telecaster for Christmas, this one to be exact:

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/fender-62-bound-edge-telecaster-electric-guitar-sunburst--40971

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these? How are they for Led Zep stuff? Pro's? Cons? Any info would be great.

Thanks

Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
Page used a tele for a fair bit of the studio stuff, so i guess a tele should be fine.

MIJs are great players, great QC, pickups tend to be the downfall, but its easily fixed.
only con i'd say is that you can get an MIJ tokai (which is basically the same thing... tokai have made at least some of teh CIJ fenders over teh years) for £100 less every day of teh week, and often a couple of hundred less if you're willing to wait for a deal to come along.

That being said, that's not the worst price i've ever seen for a CIJ fender (that's a non-export one, right? i think so, it says it has an alder body).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Great input so far guys, thanks. That Mustang is nice Poppmeth but I've just been after a Tele forever.

Maybe a newbie question here, but what exactly is the difference between a MIJ and a CIJ?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
very little, as far as i'm aware (though bear in mind i'm no japanese fender expert)

they changed teh nomenclature at some point from mij to cij. Some people say teh mijs are better, but i think (from what i've read) that's a myth.

it also might signify a different factory, but again that might be a myth.

several different factories have made/make the japanese fenders, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play pretty much the same guitar except mine is MIM and its a maple neck.

I love it. I did switch the pickups though, the stock singles are good for country but if you are going to be playing hard rock I'd look into doing a pickup switch. There are alot of options for under $100
Excellent info guys thanks a lot. I'll test one out this weekend to see just how the pick-ups fair me. Any suggestions as to what replacement pick-ups I should look into? I'd like to get Zep, Stones, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP tones out of them really.

Cheers

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
I'm a Seymour Duncan fan...I have Hotrails in mine, the Quarter Pound is also really popular. If you check out the Seymour Duncan site you can hear sound clips of the pickups.
Quote by Led_Head_1990
Excellent info guys thanks a lot. I'll test one out this weekend to see just how the pick-ups fair me. Any suggestions as to what replacement pick-ups I should look into? I'd like to get Zep, Stones, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP tones out of them really.

Cheers

anything vintage in output (and probably true single coil instead of noiseless) should do more or less.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?