Page 1 of 2
Yawn
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Meh... wasn't impressive.

I was definitely impressed with the guitar work at least. Kid looks about 15 at most.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
I was definitely impressed with the guitar work at least. Kid looks about 15 at most.

Do I really have to post a video of some 7 year old asian kid owning the fuck out of him?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Do I really have to post a video of some 7 year old asian kid owning the fuck out of him?

Make it a 7 year old ninja. 7 year old guitarists are over rated.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Predictable argument. Still impressive as ****. Also most of those asian kids can't really improvise on that level and express feeling like that.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Predictable argument. Still impressive as ****. Also most of those asian kids can't really improvise on that level and express feeling like that.

Predictable argument. Anytime there's a faggot playing slow blues and making ugly faces all the blues nuthuggers will start saying it's "feeling/emotion brah" and that technical music has none.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Predictable argument. Anytime there's a faggot playing slow blues and making ugly faces all the blues nuthuggers will start saying it's "feeling/emotion brah" and that technical music has none.

Predictable argument in support of higher technical ability. Not only is that a terrible, and indeed predictable argument, but it's also an invalid argument. Clearly if you watched the video, you would notice that the kid shows exceptional technical skill, despite the fact that blues is also not a shred-oriented guitar genre.

Hendrix is also named #1 guitarist of all time on Rolling Stone magazine; he was never very technical.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Predictable argument in support of higher technical ability. Not only is that a terrible, and indeed predictable argument, but it's also an invalid argument. Clearly if you watched the video, you would notice that the kid shows exceptional technical skill, despite the fact that blues is also not a shred-oriented guitar genre.

Hendrix is also named #1 guitarist of all time on Rolling Stone magazine; he was never very technical.

Predictable opinion.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Predictable opinion.

Predictable stupidity.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carswell98
kid has some alright licks, painfully bad singer though.

Rolling Stone is not relevant, same goes for their opinions.

It's actual quite relevant. And it's only just an example of how loved and exalted Hendrix is.

Also, poo on you for busting our predictable post streak.

edit:

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Predictable butthurt blues nutthugger.

Predictably, our fun was ruined by an outside poster.
Quote by Overlord
Last edited by Carnivean at Dec 1, 2011,
And old blues man once said, "it's not about the number of notes you play, but the feeling you put into them." And yeah, he's 16yo. Check out some of his other videos. I know country doesn't live here in the pit, but this kid'a an awesome chicken picker. There's more to music than just metal you know.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntownDaniel#p/u/12/SUtcYL0pZoA
Last edited by david1707 at Dec 1, 2011,
now this impressive.

EDIT: that's a better video.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by Carnivean

Hendrix is also named #1 guitarist of all time on Rolling Stone magazine.

How persuasive.

Anyways, kid was good in the same way John Mayer is good.

Boring, painfully white, and too safe to be bad.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by david1707
Nice! They outa give that kids fingers a speeding ticket.

i edited the link, and put in a better video. same song, but a bit longer.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by david1707
There's more to music than just metal you know.

So you either listen to metal or the blues if you come here?
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by Cap'n Braid
So you either listen to metal or the blues if you come here?

Absolutly not, it just seems like the largest majority of people on this forum listen to metal and it's variations almost exclusively.
Seen the likes of these videos too many times to be impressed. He can play the song yeah, is it note for note? If so, good for him.

I like that he even copies "that's alright I still got my guitar" or whatever Hendrix sings.

The solo in the middle was rather terrible though. This kind of guitar playing rarely impress me. It's just a bend after an other. Well, **** me I can bend every single note too. The solo is basically just wankery imo. Rather pointless if it doesn't explode or is dynamic with the drums and the bass and work its way back into the song or something. It just sits on top of that drum and bass rhythm. Yeah, amazing.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Dec 1, 2011,
Jesus, what a silly argument. Feeling is important, and it's not expressed on how slow can you solo, but on how good is your phrasing; and yes a metal solo can have feeling, Voice of the soul by Death is a good example. On the other side, being technical for the sake of being technical is bad, technique should be a way to compliment your songwriting abilities and not just the goal; that's why (old) Cryptopsy will always be miles above bands like Brain Drill; shure BD are a bunch of incredible virtuosos, but Cryptopsy just pull ot off better by using technical riffing to add to the whole insanity of their sound.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
technique should be a way to compliment your songwriting abilities and not just the goal; that's why (old) Cryptopsy will always be miles above bands like Brain Drill; shure BD are a bunch of incredible virtuosos, but Cryptopsy just pull ot off better by using technical riffing to add to the whole insanity of their sound.

inb4 Zoot goes apeshit

(Please let it be Zoot I remember always postin about BrainDrill)
Quote by willT08
inb4 Zoot goes apeshit

(Please let it be Zoot I remember always postin about BrainDrill)

nope. Zoot dickrides/is Nick Cave.
Page 1 of 2