I was looking foward to seeing system of a down this year hearing of there reunion and and i have been a fan of them around 2005 ish.

But i saw no dates for ireland with the nearest place being the download festival i then did some archive digging and checked youtube to see if there ever was any footage of ireland shows and there isn't.

Is there any specific reason why they won't come?

Ps i dont really know if this is the right place to put this but system of a down don't have an officail forum or an unofficail one and i generally get good reply's on ultimate guitar then others.

So sorry if this is a bit silly but i just want to know and to see if anything can be done about it.
Last edited by itsonlyauser at Nov 30, 2011,
Hasn't the IRA caused enough pain?
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
They hate the Irish.

But srsly:
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Cap'n Braid
Hasn't the IRA caused enough pain?

I think it was more the UDA and the English Unionists the IRA where fighting for independence when they where not drug dealers rather farmers with guns.

I'm not going any further then this i want an ansewer not something silly like music hate music is not a religion it's an art.
"Why have system of a down never came to ireland?"

Because people in Ireland can't speak properly.
Check out my fitness blog here
Last edited by maiden_man_666 at Nov 30, 2011,
Quote by itsonlyauser
I think it was more the UDA and the English Unionists the IRA where fighting for independence when they where not drug dealers rather farmers with guns.

I'm not going any further then this i want an ansewer not something silly like music hate music is not a religion it's an art.

Wait, I was under the impression that the Irish speak English.

WyldEdit: Maiden_Man_666 is the worst.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething
Wait, I was under the impression that the Irish speak English.

WyldEdit: Maiden_Man_666 is the worst.

Im dyslexic and generally have picked up bad habits from the fact my primary school where to lazy to give me extra help plus i never read what i have written simply because im writing on a internet forum not handing in english homework.
Quote by maiden_man_666

Yeah, and English people have very understandable accents

OT I don't know, but this question seems very much like this one

And also......

Quote by itsonlyauser
Im dyslexic and generally have picked up bad habits from the fact my primary school where to lazy to give me extra help plus i never read what i have written simply because im writing on a internet forum not handing in english homework.

You don't say.

Back to your original question: They never went to Ireland because they never wanted to. Strange concept, I know.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Same reason why Dream Theater, Opeth, Altar Bridge, Mastodon, Iced Earth hardly/never (delete where appropriate) come here. Because they don't think they have the fanbase in Ireland.

Sure Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) was genuinely surprised when he saw the reaction that he got in Belfast last year. Said they'll definitely be back again after that
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Because it's a smelly shithole.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by maiden_man_666

Sooo they should be able to understand Serj perfectly
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by DegaDeth
Same reason why Dream Theater, Opeth, Altar Bridge, Mastodon, Iced Earth hardly/never (delete where appropriate) come here. Because they don't think they have the fanbase in Ireland.

Jokes aside I think this is the answer.

I live in St. Louis which is a craphole for music. I see bands go from Chi to KC and skip right over STL all the time.

Its usually because the bands wont play here, why? because no one will go to the show, the ones that do wont buy anything and its a huge waste of money and time for the bands and promoters.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by LostLegion
Yeah, and English people have very understandable accents

OT I don't know, but this question seems very much like this one

And also......

Ya i thought so but i did check the band forum and they weren't really that specific when asking about one band rather a genre so i was a little confused

Also i put that on yahoo because i didn't think i was ever going to get a reasonable ansewer here because as good as the UG forum is they hate the way i type but it is the most active forum and is more music orientated if i did find a SOAD forum i would of posted it there.

Yahoo was just a gamble because system of a down are just one of those bands i want to see live before i die.
Quote by itsonlyauser
Ya i thought so but i did check the band forum and they weren't really that specific when asking about one band rather a genre so i was a little confused

Also i put that on yahoo because i didn't think i was ever going to get a reasonable ansewer here because as good as the UG forum is they hate the way i type but it is the most active forum and is more music orientated if i did find a SOAD forum i would of posted it there.

Yahoo was just a gamble because system of a down are just one of those bands i want to see live before i die.

Yeah that's understandable. SOAD are a good enough band but I sometimes think they're a bit silly in their songs. They should be good live I guess, and why not just go with a couple of friends to Download?
Quote by DegaDeth

Sure Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) was genuinely surprised when he saw the reaction that he got in Belfast last year. Said they'll definitely be back again after that

Sounds reasonable i was afraid it was something a little more political due to SOAD tendency to boycott places.

I wondor if i could attempt to do a fanbase because there are fans here i know around 3 die hard fans and 15 people who have just heard of them in my town which isn't big.
Quote by LostLegion
Yeah that's understandable. SOAD are a good enough band but I sometimes think they're a bit silly in their songs. They should be good live I guess, and why not just go with a couple of friends to Download?

EXAMS!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt leave for 3 to 5 days
Quote by So-Cal
Why don't you ask them.

Yeah, if you want to email them I'm pretty sure their address is something along the lines of SOAD@aol.com. Happy emailing!
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Quote by itsonlyauser
Sounds reasonable i was afraid it was something a little more political due to SOAD tendency to boycott places.

I wondor if i could attempt to do a fanbase because there are fans here i know around 3 die hard fans and 15 people who have just heard of them in my town which isn't big.

Trust me, there is a big fanbase here for Dream Theater and Opeth (Opeth I'm 100% sure about), and I'd imagine a strong enough one for Mastodon, but they just don't come here. Well, Opeth were here 2 or 3 years ago during that Progressive Nation tour in the UK, probably just to help balance the books.

It's got a lot to do with whatever production agency they use for the European tours too. A lot of them just don't think Ireland is worth coming to anymore. Opeth probably got a small turnout for the 2 shows they played last time (Belfast and Dublin), as did Dream Theater last time they played (1998 I think? Might be wrong about that one, well before I got into them.)

I'm hoping this will change, saying Metallica sold 2 consecutive nights out in Belfast 1 1/2 ago, Iron Maiden managed to get a sell out show in Dublin then one in Belfast not even a year later, Rammstein are playing in Dublin next year, and smaller bands like Porcupine Tree and Cynic are starting to play here. Tide seems to be turning
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Quote by wyldething
Yeah, if you want to email them I'm pretty sure their address is something along the lines of SOAD@aol.com. Happy emailing!

I think i would of found some contacts before asking a forum this is generally the last line of finding ansewers system of a down aren't a socailable band they don't have there own youtube channel and everything they have is regulated by the label like their twitter or facebook the only exception is serj twitter but he dosen't appear to reply to posts.

It's a bit sad your trolling your an aduilt you should have a life.

I think im satisfied with the ansewer i have gotton Thanks to all who took it serously karma should reward you or atleast give you a self esteem boast.
Quote by itsonlyauser
I think i would of found some contacts before asking a forum this is generally the last line of finding ansewers system of a down aren't a socailable band they don't have there own youtube channel and everything they have is regulated by the label like their twitter or facebook the only exception is serj twitter but he dosen't appear to reply to posts.

I think im satisfied with the ansewer i have gotton Thanks to all who took it serously karma should reward you or atleast give you a self esteem boast.

I...don't even know what to say here. It was some good natured sarcasm, I'd recommend not taking posts on an internet forum so seriously. Just a tip.

But my god, man....
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Quote by itsonlyauser

Karma?

Wtf is this, Reddit?

Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

Quote by DegaDeth
Karma?

Wtf is this, Reddit?

Maybe that was a silly thing to say seeing as i don't beleave in karma but meh
Maybe because it's not be cost effective. There might not be enough fans there or it might not work out in their touring schedule so the label is like "Not worth it."
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Probably because they don't have to. It's not really a fanbase thing. There's plenty of kids around with system hoodies, and I know plenty of people who think they're deadly.

thing is it probably costs them more to get here than other places, and they won't make as much money here as they would anywhere else. It's always about money.