Hello again,

My band is going into a studio in 3 weeks to record a 4 song EP, and I've just finished recording a guitar track for our latest tune. If it's not any trouble, could you guys please give it a listen and tell me what you think? Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejjgZxG5G-0

Please listen with headphones or decent speakers, sounds pretty shoddy without them! It was recorded in just under an hour so it sounds pretty rushed. I'd love it if you could give me some feedback as to what I can do to improve it, what needs to go, what needs to stay and what sounds good.

One more thing, could you please give this a listen and tell me what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RitTnEwoJ0o

It's the solo for our first song we wrote as a band and it was recorded over a year ago, so my playing and tone is not the best, but using that solo idea as a basis to build upon, do you think it's any good or do I need to change it completely? I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me out! Thanks in advance :-)

Charlie.

EDIT:

Any input would be great! Whether it's constructive criticism, or maybe even compliments (very unlikely) But please no insults! My playing isn't the best ;-)
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Last edited by CharlieSlyster at Nov 30, 2011,
You might want to come up with a more unique name than resist. If people search your name in a search engine, or on iTunes they might just get another band that has resist in its name, or songs with resist in the name, or lyrics with resist in it's name. Ask yourself this: How popular is the word resist, and how often does it pop up in other peoples material that would cause it to overshadow us.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
You might want to come up with a more unique name than resist. If people search your name in a search engine, or on iTunes they might just get another band that has resist in its name, or songs with resist in the name, or lyrics with resist in it's name. Ask yourself this: How popular is the word resist, and how often does it pop up in other peoples material that would cause it to overshadow us.

I've always thought that! I've never really liked 'resist'. It was actually our singer and bassist who decided on the name when I wasn't in the band, but we stuck with it when I joined (they got rid of the old guitarist) and now we're known by it. We've got a rehearsal this Friday and we'll discuss as a band if we need to change it before we go into the studio, because like you said; it's too common and I know we all want something that will stick in people's heads more than just 'resist'.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Last edited by CharlieSlyster at Nov 30, 2011,
Please, anybody just tell me what they think about the recordings! I'd be so grateful!
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Bumpedy.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.