To make a long story short I sold most of my equipment I had when I played with my band because I was forced to go to college. Anyway...I now have an offer from a band out of Pittsburgh looking for a 2nd guitarist. The band plays melodic hardcore/post hardcore to give you an idea of the style of music.

My old rig consisted of a Bugera 333 Head w/a Marshall 1960a cab and Mesa 2x12 and my guitar is a ESP EC-1000.

I used most of the money I got from my old equipment to buy books and a new computer. Well now comes the time to buy new sheet...

I'm going to take the used route to save some money. I still have my guitar, noise gate, screamer, and rack effects.

I have around $700 to spend on the new equipment. I know I can find a used 1960a cab for around $250 or $300. But I'm mostly stuck on what head to get.

The 333 was a decent head but fairly limited and the sound was just not there all the time no matter how much eq tweaking was made. I've been told that for hardcore music the Peavey Valveking head is fairly nice and reliable with a gate and screamer. Or a B-52 AT100 head (but I've heard they have some reliability issues).

I'm open to all suggestions though so through them at me

Thanks dudes
-My Gear-

Ltd EC-1000 Cherry Red Finish
Schecter 006 Elite Deluxe w/SD Blk'outs

Epiphone Acoustic Dove

Line6 Pod HD400

Bugera 333 Head

Mesa 2x12 w/v30's

-Youtube Channel-

I've actually already looked at 95% of those ads haha. Thanks for the input though.

Anyone else? Ideas?
-My Gear-

Ltd EC-1000 Cherry Red Finish
Schecter 006 Elite Deluxe w/SD Blk'outs

Epiphone Acoustic Dove

Line6 Pod HD400

Bugera 333 Head

Mesa 2x12 w/v30's

-Youtube Channel-