Let's suppose for a second that I wanted to buy a cheap guitar (Perhaps low end Ibanez type of cheap), replace the bridge with a Tonepros, the tuners, the pickups with SD JB's, and possibly the neck.

Is this a notion I should even entertain? Or would it be too expensive/troublesome to even worry about it?

It seems like it could be a cool idea, but I'm not sure if a low end Ibanez would be able to handle all of the new hardware/electronics. Thoughts? I'm looking to spend no more than 2-300$. Feasible?
Last edited by nolifeXD at Nov 30, 2011,
no - the 24-fret neck replacing a 22/21 fret neck should never, EVER be done.
Okeydoke. Thank you sir. So if I swapped that to an Ibanez, would that be a good possibility?
Changing the scale length is a no no. Means you have to move the bridge. If neck is of same scale, will have to remove some timber from the heel leaving the fret board or from the body pocket to make it fit........and re locate the neck pick-up. Too much to think about.......don't do it.
I edited my original post so that this isn't quite such a no no. Now things should be better.
With the amount of work you're doing, you may as well buy a decent body and build it all from scratch. That way you could have a 24 fret neck and whatever else you like.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
What kind of body would you recommend? And would it fall in my price point? I'm leaving pickups out of the picture for now, but as far as everything else, could I put together a decent instrument for about 2-300$?
You'll have to do some research on it, but you should be able to find something decent for cheap.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Strat-Style-Bodies_c_75.html

These are cheap, and probably similar quality to a squier/low end ibanez
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Ok thanks very much. I was having trouble finding bodies. I was on Ebay, but everything seemed to be routed for a FR or single coils. I hope not to have to do too much in the way of my own woodworking.... That would be bad.
With those routings you can just buy a pickguard with the configuration you want and it'll fit. Just research to make sure you get the right scale length and stuff before you go ahead and buy anything
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Ok, thanks very much for the info! One last question before I lose ya, would I be able to install a Tonepros bridge on that sucker without much trouble? Or would that be a little bit too much?
I'm not too sure sorry I can't answer that for you
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
ill just say this: Check my sig.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build