i really miss them, but im excited to see what jack decides to do now. I wish we could get more from the Raconteurs. their one of my favorite bands.
Quote by Frusciantay
i really miss them, but im excited to see what jack decides to do now. I wish we could get more from the Raconteurs. their one of my favorite bands.

Yeah sure im still waiting for a third album from The Raconteurs .

But its been a year i discovered the White Stripes .... so its why i want them back ..... i want to see them LIVE .
I like the White Stripes, and pretty much anything Jack White does, but I agree, their time has passed. The Raconteurs are pretty good, but for straight up rock n roll the Dead Weather deliver. If you have not listened to them DO IT NOW. They have some of the sickest grooves ever and Allison Mosshart is a hottie!
Quote by glennick
I like the White Stripes, and pretty much anything Jack White does, but I agree, their time has passed. The Raconteurs are pretty good, but for straight up rock n roll the Dead Weather deliver. If you have not listened to them DO IT NOW. They have some of the sickest grooves ever and Allison Mosshart is a hottie!

I know The Dead Weather .. i saw them 2 times live and they are AMAZING !
Quote by Frenchys
.. i saw them 2 times live and they are AMAZING !

JEALOUS!!!!
On record the Stripes are probably my least favorite Jack White band, but man do they tear it up on stage. He should put out another Greenhornes record.
Quote by master
On record the Stripes are probably my least favorite Jack White band, but man do they tear it up on stage. He should put out another Greenhornes record.

I agree with the first statement. The Greenhornes are the band Jack Lawrence and the drummer from the Raconteurs are from, not Jack White. I personally don't care for their stuff. But Jack Lawrence is my favorite bassist at the moment, I've been listening to/trying to play the newest Dead Weather.

The Greenhornes did have an album come out last year called ★★★★
Last edited by glennick at Dec 6, 2011,
Quote by frankv
Raconteurs are where it's at. White Stripes are kids' stuff!

LOL, but seriously, definitely more elementary. It's almost like Jack White is giving us options for how heavy we want, from White Stripes to Raconteurs to Dead Weather. And his collaborations are pretty cool, too. Other than the ICP of recent. I still can't wrap my mind around it. It's just ridiculous
I was semi-kidding, people like what they like. I like the Raconteurs because there are some other egos to keep Jack in check. There's Brandon to sing the prettier stuff so when Jack comes in it hits you harder. The drumming is also yummy!

Yeah, I'm glad at least one popular rock artist is still trying to keep busy, when other big bands pump out about an album every 3 years... I liked the James Bond song he did with Alicia Keys(?).
If anything The White Stripes are heavier than the other two "white" bands.

Hypnotise, Dead Leaves, Expecting, Aluminum, Slicker Drips. Pretty heavy riffs, or at least compared to what happens in the Racs/Dead Weather.
Quote by frankv
Raconteurs are where it's at. White Stripes are kids' stuff!

Maybe they are "Kid's Stuff" but all their songs are amazing ..... cool riff good Drum beat and god damm good lyrics !
Quote by Frenchys
Maybe they are "Kid's Stuff" but all their songs are amazing ..... cool riff good Drum beat and god damm good lyrics !

So true. They have such a great classic rock vibe to them.
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."
-C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt

My Tumblr. I always follow back.
Quote by Frenchys
Talk about them .... Who want them back ?

I want
them back.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by tortilla
I want
them back.
On the bright side, Jack has his new project with ICP.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
They were awesome.. I've never seen them live, and it's a shame, 'cause I think I'm gonna die without seeing them. Anyway, it would be quite nice if Jack came out with another The Racounters album, they're so good too! I've seen some videos of Glastonbury and their gigs seem to be as amazing as the White Stripes gigs.
I'd Also like
a third Dead
Weather album.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche