So, I have a few clean parts in some of my bands songs and when I switch over it's a pain with the cliche tap dance I have to do with all of my pedals. So, I decided to put my MXR Carbon Copy in my effects loop of my 6505+ head to kill some tap dancing.

But, the thing is, in the loop it sounds terrible. I can max out all the knobs that SHOULD give me a huge ambient delay, but when I engage the loop it has maybe 4-5 repeats and the modulation is almost non existent.

There is no volume drop with the actual guitar; that volume level stays the same. I put a patch cable into the send and return to make sure the loop itself is okay and it is. I put a Tubescreamer in front of it with the Drive: 0 and the level maxed. I don't have active electronics either, so it's not my guitar.

tldr; my effects loop on my 6505+ head won't let my delays ring out.
Last edited by MicahChaney at Nov 30, 2011,
can you try it with the preamp gain very low and the post amp high?

i have a Carbon Copy and I would never max out the values on it - way to crazy

i actually run my CC up front sometimes it works fine there

inquire about adding a buffered pedal in the loop with the CC

Where is your Decimator?

if this is a real problem you could make a switch to take care of most of this for you, or have someone make it for you. Basically a pedal loop
If the decimator is the kast pedal in the chain and always on, theres your problem.

If not it may be the order of effects that you have going. For example i know things get wierd on my POD if i put a delay AFTER a reverb. So experiement with the order too
dont know what order its in but i would try putting your delay in between the decimator and the fx loop return. if its before the decimator the gate could be cutting it off
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I only maxed out the settings to see if it did anything :P

Here's my chain: Guitar>Tuner>Ibanez TS> Decimator>CC>Amp>Cab

I have the Decimator after the TS because that thing buzzes like it's nobodies business. I've also tried putting the Decimator before the CC in the loop and that had no effect on the sound.

I'd like to have it like that but with only the CC in the loop. I'm getting a neunaber WET soon, so we'll see what happens with that in the loop as well.
Last edited by MicahChaney at Dec 1, 2011,
maybe the carbon copy doesnt work right? is it getting enough power? do you run it from batts or a psa? check all of your cables also! and try just running the carbon copy in the fx loop nothing else? if that doesnt help try just running in the front of the amp. and on your vyper if the same problem happens its the carbon copy
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
if this is a real problem you could make a switch to take care of most of this for you, or have someone make it for you. Basically a pedal loop

+1

TS - Don't know about the loop issue but I made myself one of these and it works perfect for what you need. Basically it has a lead from your guitar and one to your amp, then there are two jacks that you can use as a 'loop' to put your effects in. The switch will add or removed the entire 'loop' to your signal at once. It works great if you only have two sounds, one clean and the other with a few effects.

Here is the kit, but I just used this as a guide and built mine a bit cheaper by ordering my own parts.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=145&category_id=7
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
+1

TS - Don't know about the loop issue but I made myself one of these and it works perfect for what you need. Basically it has a lead from your guitar and one to your amp, then there are two jacks that you can use as a 'loop' to put your effects in. The switch will add or removed the entire 'loop' to your signal at once. It works great if you only have two sounds, one clean and the other with a few effects.

Here is the kit, but I just used this as a guide and built mine a bit cheaper by ordering my own parts.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=145&category_id=7

You win an e-cookie because I'm just gonna do this. Thanks 311ZOSOVHJH, Seanthesheep, and travs2448 for help as well!
Last edited by MicahChaney at Dec 1, 2011,

If you order parts from 'SmallBearElectric.com' it will come out closer to $20.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!