Hey, guys. I am thinking about buying a Schecter Damien elite 7 Fr as my first Floyd rose and first 7 string. My question is, I want to be able to drop the 7th "B" string to "A." I have seen several videos on how to drop tune a six string floyd rose, and I think i could do it based on all the things i have seen and read. But, I want to see a video on how to do this on a seven string to make sure i don't completely **** my brand new guitar straight out of the box. If you guys know of any videos or articles, please post them so I can read up.
Thanks ahead of time!
Floyd Roses are meant to be kept in one tuning. If you want multiple tunings, you need multiple guitars.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Changing tuning on a 7 string Floyd is no different to how it is on a 6 string Floyd. You need to make sure you get a suitable string gauge for the tuning, you need to adjust the spring tension and you may need to adjust the saddle for better intonation. The fact it's a 7 string just means it'll take a little longer to get the spring tension balanced right because you've got one more string to balance out.
Quote by Dr. McBadass
make sure i don't completely **** my brand new guitar straight out of the box

If you can do that by trying to retune it, I don't think you're qualified to own a guitar and you probably shouldn't even be let out of the house without a carer of some kind...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.