Hi, thinking about purchasing a PRS Mira on eBay, but there's a small chip in the paintwork on the headstock.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61422049@N03/6430107611/in/set-72157628217698043/lightbox/

Might be a bit of a stupid question but is it an easy fix? Can I just get some paint and paint over it? Might be a bit hard to find the colour as it's been discontinued now...
Amp:
Blackstar HT-50 Head
Orange PPC212

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster '62 Re-issue ('84)
Takamine G-Series Acoustic

Pedals:
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss TU-3
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
ISP Decimator
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Jim Dunlop DC Brick
yeah its easy to fix. Just go to lowes or home depot and try to match the colors with the color slides. You could also use finger nail polish since its such a small spot. I use my girlfriends nail polish to touch up spots all the time.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Nov 30, 2011,
Problem is trying to match the color. If that's US made guitar, you could contact PRS and inquire about sending it in for repair. However, that can also get expensive. I just sent in one of my expensive acoustic guitars due to bubbling finish. It's not a PRS. Cost $200 to have a box made for it and send it via UPS. Fortunately, the company is taking care of the finish problem.
Just live with a little bump on the headstock, it's not bad. Suck it up lil'Andrew, suck it up.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Still looks like a really nice guitar, even with the chip! I am personally ok with getting very minor nicks on my guitars cause it shows use and adds character
yeah, I think it's more effort than it's worth to fix it, just buy the guitar for a bit cheaper because of the nick and play the thing.
---
I think some places have paint matching technology.Would be cheaper,and safer than sending it away.I know they can match a paint chip/sample I don't know why not a head stock.
Yeah I know it's just a minor blemish and probably not worth fixing, but if it's cheap enough then I thought I might aswell try and fix it up.

It's US made but I live in the UK so sending it off would be a definite no, dread to think about the cost!
Amp:
Blackstar HT-50 Head
Orange PPC212

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster '62 Re-issue ('84)
Takamine G-Series Acoustic

Pedals:
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss TU-3
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
ISP Decimator
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Jim Dunlop DC Brick
Thats nothing really. If you really want to get it fixed, I wouldn't go the cheap route on a guitar like that. Contact PRS, but I doubt they'll do anthing for you unless you send it to their factory for re-finishing/partail re-finishing. I love my PRS, but I have found that they are very helpful at being unhelpful
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate